Friday, November 30, 2007

Tis The Season

This has been a crazy week.
(When do I not type that?)
But the recovery period one must overcome after being out of town is tiresome. So that is what I was doing this week: Overcoming. Catching up. It felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything but was constantly busy.
It's not just me, right?
Today I finally feel like I am getting some control...like folding the laundry that I did on Monday, cleaning the dishes from Wednesday (ew, I know), that sort of thing. Super duper fun.
Last night I tried to have fun with the kids and we decorated the tree. As you can see, they were all festive and wore their birthday suits in honor the true meaning of Christmas. It was kind of fun to see them be so excited to help and I had a grateful heart for the wise designers who invented plastic ornaments. They were all clumped at the bottom of the tree, 3 or 4 on the same faux pine stem. Pretty funny. At least it's done!
Same with the outdoor lights. This was something I needed to do earlier this week since cold weather was coming. I like hanging outside lights. Isn't that geeky of me? But it is NOT fun when it's super cold and my fingers get numb and since I can't feel them, I scrape them to raw flesh shoving my lights in those darn white clips and then shove again onto my scratchy tile roof.... but I still like it. Merry Merry.
I have been thinking this week about fun Christmas things to do this month. Movies I want to make sure we watch, music to listen to, recipes to bake and things to create! I saw this tree the other day and wanted to copy some of the vintage-y looking ornaments. I really like this look right now. The fine glitter and faded tinsel, the ribbon and old clip art. Who knows WHEN I would make something like them.
I really want to start having one night a month just dedicated to this sort of thing. A time slot for doing whatever random, seasonal project I want. I even want to have friends who have this same desire to join me. It will be a snazzy craft club. But it needs a better name than that. Ideas?
I do need help in the movie dept. Here are the movies that are making up my list. Tell me what I am missing (Juls):

1-Elf
2-Albert Finney's Scrooge (Best, hands down)
3-Nightmare Before Christmas
4-Groundhog Day (Hey, it's cold and snowy)
5- Just Friends (Ryan Adams is sooooo funny)
6-A Christmas Story
7-It's A Wonderful Life
8-The Grinch (Animated classic and Jim Carrey's)

And music! Oh how great is good Christmas music. If I get the energy I may even torment you, my readers (all three of you) and share some of our fave's on a silly online player. They are so funny. Don't you worry- we listen to silly stuff, here. Nothing too serious- I won't be forcing Celine Dion down your throat (and sorry to those of you who like her stuff).
Some MUST HAVES are Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass Christmas Album, some Frank Sinatra and Burl Ives, Ferrante & Teicher Christmas and more. Oh man, I think I will have to make a silly playlist for my blog this month and irritate you all to death.

5 comments:

Jewels said...

You are so funny. Well, first of all - it's Ryan Reynolds, not Ryan Adams. And those pictures of your kids and the tree?? So cute, I love them. As for movies, I think you got most of them. I do enjoy 'White Christmas' with Bing, all 50's colorful and musical. You MUST put up a playlist - I have one on my blog and even though it must annoy the readers, it's so festive! Merry Merries!

Jewels said...

Oh Hello, there's 'Polar Express' (did you like that show?) and the old movies like 'Rudolph' and 'The Year Without a Santa Claus' from the 60's and such.

Andrea said...

Juls- thanks for clarifying my Ryan mistake. I knew when I was typing it that something was off, but I was too lazy to confirm. I should have!
Thanks for the movie suggestions- the old claymation ones crossed my mind, but did you not think they were better as memories? Like watching the Dark Crystal as an adult. Better as a memory. :)

Emily said...

I agree, cute pictures of your kids. I want to join your snazzy craft club as long as that's the name. Who wouldn't want to join any kind of club that started with the word "snazzy"!!!

JENNIE! said...

I wanna join the "snazzy craft club!" Serious....:)