Friday, November 16, 2007

Space...

...the final frontier....
...of my dignity.
On Wednesday night, my parents, on their way to Scottsdale for an anniversary getaway, decided to make a quick stop in Vegas and see the revolutionary Star Trek Experience. Not to see the grand kids, to see the Star Trek Experience (Where your treasure lies, there where you heart will be also). But I'm not judging. I actually thought it would be fun to join them and giggle together so we got fabulous Jeannine to come babysit (see Wednesdays post) and joined them in the 'experience'.
It was really fun to hang out with them and do the rides. And I have to say that they were actually pretty cool.... I mean... if you're into that sort of thing... which I'm not.... not that it's bad.... but....whatevs.
Then we ate at Quarks Restaurant. The menu items were so funny. I am not familiar with the show so I don't know what they meant, but 'Flaming Ribs of Targ' and 'HamBorger' were still hilarious. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
When we went to the Springs Preserve the other day, the kids played FOREVER on this old skeleton corpse. Sometimes it was a ship and they were 'fishing' with the yellow noodles (what are those there for anyway? anyone know?) and other times it was a mountain, etc.
On other randomness, check out what I saw the other day when I popped into Target.
There it was, in all it's glory on the aisles end. I swear there were rays of light filtering from between the boxes (Scott- are you reading this? I love you soooo much). :)

And now that Girl Next Door is done (that will be my next post, complete with pictures), I plan to watch a movie with my dear Lt. Scotty tonight so no late Thankfuls posting for me!


My Friday Five:
1) My relationship with Scott. Marriage is up and down but it's wonderful and beyond what you'd expect friendships to be. I love it when we can really talk openly about subjects and have interesting conversation. Those times aren't as often since our main topics usually consist of catching each other up on our days, discussing kids or other responsibilities. But wow- I really snagged a great guy and love talking to him.
2) Sadie's hugs (and her smiling potato art). She is the trouble in this house. The evil twin. But her good side is equally strong. That girl will give the best squeezes all with a scrunchy face, big grin and feet up.
3) 30% Discounts (Family & Friends at the Gap? Thank YOU.)
4) No cops on my route today (I knew I could have sped up!)
5) This weather. Elliet's Thanksgiving program was outdoors today. A nice 72 or so degrees. But the trees are showing their fall colors (I know, we don't get it so much for Halloween) and it feels very appropriate for Thanksgiving. Shedding what we don't need and renewing what is important.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

How cool that you went with Mom and Dad! Don't worry, your closet Star Trek obsession is safe with me. Wait...