Friday, November 2, 2007

The Finer Things

I started this blog for two reasons:
1) Keeping my family and far away friends up to date on us and
2) An excuse for a journal since I am not doing any other kind of life log at the moment.

Based on the latter point I had an idea a few weeks ago.
With the holidays approaching (and now they are here), I wanted to have that warm-fuzzy feeling of joy all throughout so it would be a season like the ones I remember having as a kid.
I did a challenge years ago where I wrote down 5 things I was grateful for at the end of my day. Some of them were silly, some were serious- but it really enriched my life and kept my point of view in a good place. November is way too focused on Christmas. I mean, don't get me wrong- I love Christmas! But I feel sad for Thanksgiving and it's important purpose. How can Christmas be great if we are overlooking the humility and grabbing the shiny packages to look for our name?
So I figured that this would be a great place for me to share this challenge again! And you poor readers are going to have to suffer through my top five every day. Well, I am going to try and do it every day....
I am not off to a good start because I didn't even do it yesterday, November 1st! So today you will get two. I will begin with my five from yesterday because, even though I never posted them, I did think of them.

Thankfuls for November 1:
1)Preschool. Having two hours alone in my house is priceless.
2)Music. I am glad it adapts and progresses and keeps me moving.
3)Health. I am feeling better from earlier this week, but not great. It will feel good to exercise again. I can't wait to raise my heart rate and not get a headache from it.
4) My kids soft skin. I love to kiss those cheeks covered in super-fine, soft peach fuzz!
5) Glazed Donuts. Curse Scott and his Halloween leftover Winchells! I had to throw the rest away or I'd eat them all... but what I did eat was divine!

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Best idea ever! Hmm, perhaps I shall take on this challenge myself on my own blog. What am I thankful for? Your good ideas - that way I don't have to come up with my own.