Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday Thanks

1) Getting my laundry sorted so the piles can stare at me all weekend, wondering when I will take the next step and throw them in the washer. Hm... even I don't know!

2) Spending some time with Sadie and Luke today at the Springs Preserve.
2a) Camera phones!

3) Going for a run up at Red Rock this morning. I thought I would mix it up a little bit and it was fun to run on the trails. Fooling myself into thinking I'd step on a spider like Emily's really kept me moving, too.

4) iPods. Seriously. How sweet are these? So small, lightweight and can hold HOURS of music while you run/bike/whatever. Do you remember ever trying to carry a small portable CD player with you while working out? Well I do, and it sucked.

5) Cactus. I know, it's weird- but I like Cacti. Cacti is our friend. They may look fierce and unfriendly, but you can't judge someone from the outside. They have feelings, too.
Ok- so they don't, but they're sculptural, interesting and most of all, easy to maintain- it's one plant in the house that survives the "Andrea" droughts. (See? I paid attention today at the preserve)

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Fierce and unfriendly...ode to the Cacti! These are great, you are brilliant.

Emily said...

I didn't know you went running. You are awesome.