Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks Eve


This morning I went and visited my sister in law, Jess- and saw my new nephew for the first time! Little Graham Richard Patch. He is so cute. I got to smell like baby for a few hours after holding his little warm, cuddly body. Adorable. I so love Jessica. She is the coolest and even though her health is not being cooperative right now, I am proud of her endurance.

Then Scott arrived this afternoon and I got to squeeze my own kids. So nice to see them all.
As my Mom and I ran around today, it was very obvious that the holiday season is here. People were out doing the same things we were doing. There is a fun energy around and I am going to try and keep my Thanksgiving spirit with me until Christmas. I am determined! I want to be the one who will patiently let some dork pulling in front of me merge all with a happy holiday smile.
And maybe I'll even wave (with clenched teeth) if I am feeling especially sweet.

Tomorrow morning my brother Rich, sister Julia and I are going to do a 4 mile Thanksgiving Day Run. At 8 am. Yeah... in 20 degree weather. Let me tell you what I'll be thankful for tomorrow: car heaters, polar fleece and hot showers.

But today I was thankful for:
1) My family arriving to me safely (I wish my husband had been in a better mood, but he had just spent 6 hours in the car with the kids so I think he was also very thankful to have arrived)
2) The smell of my Mom baking her apple pies. Oh wow- Happy Holidays!
3) Being able to spend time with Jessica and hold little Graham. He and I bonded and I feel like it's our eensy-weensy secret.
4) Getting inspired. I know shopping is a lame pastime to some, but getting out feeds my mind with creativity and gives me a pulse on whats current. Boutiques filled with items that dare me to make myself (and make better) are a fun source of inspiration. I just love that magical feeling of getting an idea and seeing it in my mind and how cool it could look... I am thankful for the talents I have and the spark that surroundings can give. This distraction, this uncontrollable urge to keep creating is wired in me and it saves my soul from redundancy!
5) Kiwi! Kiwi is yummy (weird thing about me #7- I eat it with the fuzzy skin on). Thank heavens for the Aussie's and their balmy continent to provide something like this in November.
Plus it's pretty- like an avocado. Don't you cut those open sometimes and just have to look at that flawless blend from olive green to lime? Amazing.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

I love you and all your thankfuls.