Monday, November 5, 2007

Monday-ness

Today is Monday.
I should start by saying that the day started swimmingly. Thanks to daylight savings, it wasn't as hard to get my tush out of bed at 5:15 am to ride my bike. And everytime I do it, I am so glad I did. It was a beautiful morning and there is no better way to start the day.
Then I took my brother in law to the airport and hurried home to an RS meeting. One of our counselors had her Birthday today and I had a few minutes before I needed to get home so I think to meself, I think- I'll get some balloons for her at the old Albertsons. Oh my goodness- the woman today took 25 minutes to fill up six pink latex balloons. 25 MINUTES!!!! So my positive aura was gone. I was now 15 minutes late for the meeting. At MY HOUSE.
For some reason, it was just enough to make my good day now an average day. I didn't have any fun errands to do (is that not mothers salvation or is it just me?) and had to resume normal, boring Mom duties. Cleaning up, laundry, grocery shopping, more cleaning up, making meals, asking over and over again for said children to eat these meals, clean that up, blah, blah, blah.... not even food would brighten my mood (I know! Hands on cheeks in amazement). Some days these daily things are fine- today was one of the days where it's arduous.
I did try hard to think of my 'thankfuls' and I actually had them popping up all around me today. You'd think that would snap me out of my ho-hum state. So! Tomorrow I am going to try and be better... maybe I am too focused on just getting things done. My things done. And overlooking less obvious, more important things.
So here is what I have chosen to make my five:
1) Hearing "Jingle Bells" at Costco today. It sounded so fun and peppy! And then finally leaving that aisle because it was getting annoying...
2) Being safe today. Sometimes normalcy is a huge blessing in disguise.
3) Not collapsing on my bike this morning after nearly two weeks of being sick
4) Hearing my husband come home from work
5) Taking a hot shower (but not too long. Conserve, conserve!)

5 comments:

oh snap said...

"1) Hearing "Jingle Bells" at Costco today. It sounded so fun and peppy! And then finally leaving that aisle because it was getting annoying..."

September the-sodding nineteenth.. so funny!!

-That pic is so great!!!

Jewels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jewels said...

HAHAHAHA - I love Richard. And yes! I too have been hearing Christmas music! I love it for about...8 seconds and then I'm done. I love your #4, cute.

Andrea said...

Rich-... so funny you quote that because I was going to do it! I thought it would be lost on my HUGE viewing audience (non-family, of course).
Does anyone else recognize the "Sodding" quote above from Oh Snap? Let's test!

Belly Bones Scott said...

About a Sodding Boy...bring it!