Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday Thanks

Brief, brief... I promise tomorrow I will have something more to read.
But for today!??....drum roll...
Today I was thankful for:
1) Finishing Dracula! Wah-freeking-hoo (yes, that's for you- and you know who you are)
It was fang-tabulous. Well written, rich vocab and building in excitement to the very end. Great for the season. Now I have to remove it's pretty book cover from my blog.
2) How my kisses still have magical healing powers for my kids. How long will that last? Folks with older kids, please warn me and suggest any tips that will prolong this wonderful state of mind.
3) Movie popcorn.
4) Target. Wow- Crack for Moms. I love this place. Great retail therapy and brilliant idea showcasing designers. I walked through all the shiny Christmas aisles and boy it was fun.
Can you say 'Dollar Section'? I grabbed some sweet "Office" show merch here weeks ago. Where in the world would I have picked up my nifty Dwight pens? Priceless, people.
Which prompts me to post another question. "Question!": How does one commit to ONE STYLE of Christmas tree? There are, like, ten ways I would love to do a tree. But I refuse to invest/store that stuff. What to do!
5) The grocery store. People? We are seriously blessed. Milk? check. EEEUUGE (nod to Trump) selection of produce whenever I want? check. Meats in variety? check. That random spice? Fresh herbs? Organic? BALLOONS? FLOWERS? MOVIES? You get the idea.
Let's see.... Running my own farm/garden/orchard OR jaunting to Albertsons... hmmmm.... that's a toss up.

And yes, that woman in the photo that looks so much like Heidi Klum? It's me. I know, I get that all the time and you know what? It get's a little old but I'm sure everyone knows what it's like to be mistaken for a super model. Exhausting, right?

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Crack for Moms? I love you. I bow to your cleverness and...I love you.

Emily said...

Love the list, I agree with your sisiter - you are so clever. Good for you finishing Dracula. I still can't figure out when you have time to read with all the other stuff you get done.

Andrea said...

Um... next time you see me, note the dark circles around my eyes. I wait to go to bed and then get caught reading and stay up too late!

anna said...

i really did have to look at that pic twice to realize it WASN'T you. my first clue was the shirt. hee hee. oh, and thanks for the shout out to target christmas...i was there today too and looooved it! missing you~me