Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Wednesday Donkmees

Donkmees. It's a funny word, but it's part of my family language. "Thank You" turned into "Donk You" and then you add accents and 's'-es and it migrated into Donkmees, said in a high pitched tone and carried out.
So- welcome to the family. I have now explained my post title but it was bound to happen due to my Thanks theme.
My "Donks" for the day:
1) My fun parents. They popped into town tonight unexpected and we had a great time with them. Our Girl Next Door show is in less than 24 hours and I have projects I should have been working on. This was way more fun and obviously more important. Tomorrow I'll share more details on what we did. For now we can 'Live long and prosper".
2) Jeannine. She is a great friend of our family and helped babysit for me for the past year+. What an awesome girl she is: funny, smart, witty and wonderfully caring and great with the kids. They LOVE her and I LOVE that! She is awesome and I am thankful to know her.
3) A healthy body. Legs that are strong and can move me all day. Arms that can pick up my kids. Lungs that can carry me through a good run (Christmas miracle!). Hands that allow me to create... you get the idea.
4) Restaurants. How nice to just choose what you want and have it brought to you on a plate nice and hot in less than 20 minutes. Sweeeeeet. I mean, it comes with a price of course (financially and physically) but us meal-making Moms think it's a dandy change every once in a while.
5) Facial Tissue. Wow- I need these. I have tried the 'natural' method while cycling or running. Nah. Can't do it. I don't need to explain what that can look like on repeated failed attempts. All the tough girls can do it but I am wiggling on my bike as I balance to reach back for my neatly folded pocket Kleenex and drift out into oncoming traffic. I am awesome!

No comments: