Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Totally Tubular

Today we had some fun outside.
After school I was ready to play with the kids for a while.
Those moments are sporadic so I try to seize them when I can... since, you know, they want me all the time, all day long... for juice, for snacks, for kissing an owy, for settling an argument over socks or a barret. Important stuff like that.
So yeah, it wears on me a little bit. But not today!
The weather was perfect. A nice 75 degree day- it felt like the inside of my house.
We pulled out the tents and tunnels and made a fort on the grass. Of course, when I want to play with my kids, that is when they don't want to play with me. I can't fit in those tunnels anyway and they would have found that funny, so it's their loss (and my win!).
Since they were too busy running through getting their hair to stand on end, I thought I would get my laptop and enjoy the weather by doing this outside.
Now- do you think they continued to leave me alone? Alas, no! Now they wanted me again. So I decided to use the computer and take some goofy pictures with them. Thank you, Apple for your silly photo booth feature. We had some good laughs.

My five "Thankfuls" for the day:
1) Having grown up in Utah I will never tire of one awesome thing about living here. No mosquitoes! I love love love enjoying great weather without the threat of those annoying twits!
2) Wireless.
3) Enjoying lunchtime today with some friends at the park (Happy Birthday, A!)
4) Getting out of bed to ride this morning and see the sunrise. It is hard to get up early, but I really like to be up to see the sun come up. I don't know why - it's like I am getting a cheating head start on my day.
5) Color. The blue in the sky this morning and the yellow light the sun cast on the ground. The pink clouds tonight and the purple air of twilight (look at me wax poetic!). Elliets rosy pink lips and Sadie's brown eyes.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Color?!?! Dangit, you've done it again. Why are my thankfuls so shallow? Ugh.