Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thankful this is almost done?

Today I was thinking...
My friend Anna tagged me a while ago about doing this '6 Things About Yourself'... six things that most people don't know. And then Jennie did it the other day. Now Emily has done it so I guess it's time. But I am torn because I already bore my family and friends with enough of me as it is. I promise it won't take long and now I can sleep at night (unless Emily is around to scare me out of my wits).

6 things-not-often-known about myself:
1) I have big thumbs. Like, ugly man thumbs. This has made text messaging very aggravating and eating difficult. I couldn't wear cool Lee Press-On nails during sleepovers as a kid because the thumb nails were way too narrow.

2) I try to fit way to many things in a short amount of time. This results in tardiness, speeding tickets and frustration. Why do I do it to myself!??? I don't know and I wish I could be one of those women who just take things at a good pace, say no when things won't fit in my schedule and prioritize those things so I am not frantically wasting my time finishing dishes when I should be in the car on the way to get Elliet from school.

3) I include way too much information in my stories. If I get a compliment on a shirt, not only do I blurt out where I got it and how cheap it was on sale but the reason I went to the store in the first place and what made me think to go there. I totally over share. It's a miracle I have a few friends left (and they'll be gone after reading about weird, man-thumb girl)

4) I don't like oranges. I like orange juice and orange flavored things, but I hate oranges. I'll eat grapefruit and lemons... but not an orange.

5) I love Halloween but I am terrified of dark cloaked Grim Reapers. Tall, hooded, face-less creatures that can see me but I can't see them really freak me out. My family grew up watching Albert Finney's 'Scrooge' (It's wonderful), but the Ghost from Christmas Future is the scariest cloaked thing I have ever seen and I think that's what scarred me. And the Dementors from Harry Potter? shivers!

6) My mother is an extremely talented (and professional) actress. My sister has won awards for her acting. I am MORTIFIED by acting. EVER. It is equal to standing on a stage naked. That is one talent that did not get passed on to me in my family. I don't have the confidence for it.


THERE. now you know six lame things about me and how dorky I really am. :)

Here are my five thankfuls for today:
1) My Mom's health holding up so she could spend an afternoon with my sister and I shopping.
2) Taste. I know, it's like typing World Peace, but it's true! Think of all the things you love to taste and how wonderful they are. Fresh peaches, cold watermelon in the summer, water when you are thirsty, fresh basil, grilled steak, warm brownies, Turkey....Raisins.... you like Raisins.
3) Laughing. Put Julia, my Mom and I in a store with low blood sugar and sarcasm and you've got trouble (and Julia jumping on one foot)
4) Coats! Clothing technology! It is COLD up here.
5) Carpool lanes.

3 comments:

Jewels said...

...you promised you wouldn't tell anyone about my champion foot jumping! Also, you forgot to mention your vast knowledge of napkin rings.

Mark said...

As one of your "closet" blog readers I have to tell you I was literally erupting with laughter as I read today's entry. OH and thank you for the Raisin's line.

JENNIE! said...

... maybe I should teach you how to prioritize your time... I'm extremely good at it.... HA!