Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobble Recap

What a fun week. The day before Scott arrived in Provo I got to shop with my Mom and Julia in SLC. It was nice to spend that one-on-one time with them before the crazy Thanksgiving madness. We especially had fun walking through Anthropologie. That store is so inspiring- the people that design the interior always amaze. Here are a few shots I stole that interested me.
First, the dishes. I thought this was such a good idea to do with the Thanksgiving dishes. My Mom said no.
Next, check out the chandelier made with straws. Is that not ingenious!??! Magnifico! I love it. I want to do it. It looks like a deli jellyfish.
I don't know where I would put something like this. If I ever own a store one day...well, I never want to do that but if I ever fulfill my dream of being a buyer for a cool store, I will also have a say in the creative coolness of said store (hey, it's my dream) and will hang it there. And you can all come see

Thanksgiving Day had some fun in store. We started the day off with a 4 mile run. I challenged Julia to this about two months ago and the day finally came. And Rich joined us, too! We got there around 7:15 and picked up our numbers. Then we sat in the car, blasting the heat, and avoided the impending doom of 28 degree temps that awaited us. We weren't aware of the 'organization' that the women were supposed to start somewhere else. This was made known to us by all the men we were standing with about 2 minutes before we started. Nice. See left photo for details.
Then we were off! And thankfully we warmed up soon enough. Rich took off and I never saw him again. Juls dropped behind me with her friend, Hannah, who showed up as well. I came in a couple of minutes after Rich and we ran back for Juls. She did it in 50 minutes. Not bad for her first time! Look at her stride.... It was fun.
The rest of the day was spent up with the Leavers at Todd and Kelsey's house. I am a loser and didn't get any pics of the rest of the day, but the dinner was great. We all stuffed ourselves silly and relaxed the afternoon away watching Galaxy Quest. That movie is so great.
Friday was a special day. I finally got to meet Jen's (Scott's sister) newest addition to their family. Boy #3! His name is Trey. Don't you fret- that oxygen tube is a small precaution. He's a little tiger inside, I'm sure of it. So cute.
We had a little Bday party for Jen, as her Birthday is coming up this week. She is getting soooooo old! (haha!-jk) It was fun to all hang out and laugh at stupid stuff.
Saturday Scott went to the big BYU game. And wah-freaking-hoo that they won. I thought it was over when the Utes got that touchdown. But we overcame and conquered! Very fun to watch. The night was spent hanging around. Marty and Jess stopped by so I snapped a little shot of Graham. Oh dear me- is your mouth watering? is he not such a cute tootsie roll? All these babies are so cute. (Don't get any ideas. So cute for everyone else)
And now we are home. I have a huge list of things to catch up on.
Is anyone else feeling a tad overwhelmed? Do I just do this to myself?
Christmas cards, my lesson that I have to give in RS on Sunday, Enrichment to prepare for next Tuesday, leaving for NYC on Thursday!?, VTing all done and reported, filters need changing, decorations need to be up.... so I blog. I blog it all away and ignore my responsibilities.
Maybe I can find some cute shoes on Zappos....

2 comments:

Emily said...

Fun weekend and nice job on the run! I didn't know you were going to NYC on Thursday - what gives?

Jewels said...

Ah yes, the blogging intervention. I'm in the dark with Emily - since when are you going to NYC without me? Maybe Emily and I will go to Hawaii together then...and not say a word to you until we come back with tans and chocolate covered nuts.