Wednesday, October 31, 2007

NoTreatsForYou

We had a fun Halloween Day.
First I must say that yesterday, I was soooo sick. That achy, skin hurts, chills and then hot and sweaty, curled-into-a-fetal-position sick. And I was sad because I thought that it would zap any boo fun for today. But hoorah for modern medicine and my husbands degree... I picked up some drugs from him yesterday morning and was feeling much better today. Of course, I should be in bed instead of staying up to do this, but hey- don't judge- I am making up for not wasting my time doing this yesterday.
I agreed to help Jennie with a school treat for Elliet's class today. How she has time to be her room mom I will never know, but as I was making these cool cheesy fingers I was grateful for a creative and conscious room mother who wanted to give the kids sensible snacks, since they'll be eating candy the rest of the day.
I think she found this recipe on a family fun website. They turned out pretty cute, huh?! Great idea, Jennie. Did they get eaten???
Then after school we carved pumpkins while listening to the soundtrack to Nightmare Before Christmas (something we missed out on last night). It was fun. Elliet got the most out of it since Luke and Sadie just drew lines on their pumpkins so I eventually made faces of my own.
Once Dad got home, we ate dinner and started to put on costumes. Yes, you can see here how Elliet is NOT a mermaid. I think the previous school parties, church parties and other such social functions have made that novelty wear off so she preferred her old Aurora dress to her drab custom Andrea brand costume.
I can't work like this! I am going to my trailer!
The rejection was made up by Luke who actually WORE his. He has been all fidgety with his, but not tonight! I think he remembered said ward party and knew exactly what happens when he wears this around and says 'trick or treat'. Oh yeah- he'd wear anything for that heaven again! Maybe I should have put him in Elliet's costume... that would be good leverage for his teen years.
Bob and Mary Jane came over and went with Scott taking the kids around. I stayed and manned the house, which I liked doing since I took them around at trunk or treat. I had fun hearing the comments regarding the body chalk lines I drew on the sidewalk with commentary.
Then the kids came home and off with the costumes!
Sadie went right for the candy but Luke was down to his T-shirt and Elliet obviously was now into her 'evening wear' and her last Halloween costume for the night. Unfortunately, this is an actual uniform in this town. But I am sure she doesn't know that.
Hope you all had a great Halloween.
Time to take down the decorations!!!

3 comments:

JENNIE! said...

Your Witches Fingers were a huge hit! Of course they took off the nails, but that was expected. The other kindergarten teachers were jealous of our healthy snacks as their students were crazy on sugar from 9am on. Thanks Andrea!! Sorry you were so sick, get better!

Emily said...

What a fun Halloween! Those witch fingers are so cute and so are your kids.

anna said...

i love to listen (in my head) to you recount your "adventures" so much that i think i could do it for hours. more please. i need it.