Thursday, October 25, 2007

One Big Weird Circle

What goes around, comes around and this is proof.
While growing up, my parents were constantly remodeling our house. My Dad was Mr. Handy and they both always had funky ideas. I mean, we had neon lights in my house so, needless to say, a little 'out there'. It was really fun and they were very creative.
After ripping the drywall off of a wall on our back porch/dining room, they exposed this beautiful pinkish brick. I remember them liking it so much that they left it (Mom- am I remembering that correctly?). We had a desk/computer area against that wall and hanging from that wall was a large birdcage held with a hand just like this one. I can't remember where they got it- it was some old mannequin hand... probably discarded from some department store or something. Anyway, it was a fun conversation starter when friends would be over and see this white arm coming out of the wall, holding the birdies. Now you can buy these for $75. Who knew! Patch parents, you made our house a fun place to grow up in. Thanks.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Man...Mom and Dad rock. We really did have the funnest house to grow up in!