Saturday, October 6, 2007

Getting Stoned

Wow. What a week.
As the home construction site was winding to a close, I fit in a fun lunch with my "in-law" family (and if you get to Cheesecake Factory in the near future, don't get the Pumpkin Cheesecake.... your hips will never forgive you and your tongue will never forget the taste- glorious!) and also took advantage of the no-school on Friday, snagged my babysitter and went to check out the new H&M that just opened with some friends.
I know, it sounds like the good life. But let me say, it was a much needed mental escape. I don't know why some weeks are like that but I really needed that distraction.
Anyway, here was the wall with the shelf that my Father in law helped me hang. He was a major trooper. That thing is HEAVY but thanks to us it's not going anywhere. The construction resulted in snowing the entire floor with that really fabulous micro-dust all over the house so you know what Scott and I did this afternoon. Mopped. A lot.
The chairs I finally ordered arrived. Here they sat. All obedient awaiting their post in the other room. Good Eames. I am still a little sad the Bertoia's weren't comfy because they would have looked marvy. Oh well.







And since I had to wait until I could actually set up the room, we made cardboard box tunnels instead!
They were awesome. It was very long and had three exits, as well as sneaky side openings. Don't you love how this stuff can occupy your kids forever!?


Well here is the room, finally finished. I LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have wanted a bleached stacked stone wall like this for a long time. It really ties everything together.
From this afternoon to tonight while I am writing this post, I have covered the place with Halloween decorations. I can't believe in three weeks I'll be taking it all back down again. It's sort of making me drag my feet a bit. I know! Blaspheme!

6 comments:

Paige said...

All right, I've been reading your blog for a while but now I must comment! That room and beautiful and I love the white eames chairs with the dark wood table and cool rock wall! I'd love to take a picture of my cute house but you'd have to look paste the 9 loads of unwashed laundry.

Andrea said...

Hey Paige!
Don't you dare think that it looks like this all the time. We finished cleaning the floors, put everything in place, and memorialized a clean room with photography. It will never look like this again. :)
*note how I avoided the doorway on the right with a view into my messy kitchen.

Jewels said...

Gorgeous!! Oh my, I so love it. It looks straight out of a magazine. I can't wait to see it in person next weekend!...we will also be taking a trip to H&M, I've already sold some furniture to pay for a new wardrobe.

Emily said...

Really Andrea! You truly do have a gift. It looks amazing!
P.S. That must have been some pretty good pumpkin cheesecake, because I didn't think you liked cheesecake!

JENNIE! said...

Wow Andrea! Love the new room.... simply gorgeous, all the hard work definitely paid off!

oh snap said...

You make me sick. How awesome is your dining room? "Ooh! -
A dash of stone here, a half-dozen Eames there.. hmm, that'll do for now.. la la la." -Disgusting! Really, its just wicked jealousy- copious amounts of bravo to you, hip sis!