Saturday, October 20, 2007

Halloween Party 2007

Last night was our Annual Bash.
I must begin first by saying how much I love our friends.
We have GREAT friends! A fun party can only be as fun as the people make it and our friends make it so fun every year.
The costumes and creativity are always hilarious. No small effort is made and that, believe it or not, really means a lot to me. So any of you reading this... Thank You! You make our Halloween so fun every year!
Scott and I were some random 70's tennis couple. We won the costume contest for the Coolest Costume- but we were a close second for the Creepiest. I am sure you can understand.

Everyone gradually came over and mingled while we ate all the yummy food that was brought (and another thanks to all who helped with that- sooooo good). I lured people away to take individual photos of each costume. Those will be posted on our party website so I'll get that updated soon. In the meantime, here are some of our winners.




Our Creepiest winners ended up being the Polygs. Nice work, guys- so funny. Of course, you do live very close together so.... what does that really mean?
Jenny told me they considered bringing a 12 year old girl as the next wife. Ewwwwww....







Steve and Jen won for most original. The Vet and the Dog. I am sure the truth behind this one is Jen had to come up with a clever way to justify the real leash. Good thinking!









Our Most Humorous was Hugh and his Playboy Bunny for the evening.
Charles looks dashing in fishnets. I thought he had real heels on at first.










Our Spartans did not disappoint. They had cheers and everything!
And Avey was a fabulous Wicked Witch. It was just like she popped out of Oz. She even had these great long black fingernails... I wish I had caught that in the photo.













Here we are all sitting down watching the movies. For those reading who are new to our Halloween tradition, every year we have a video contest. Near the end of the party we watch the films made within the theme for that year. This year our theme was do make a movie or TV trailer. The one we are watching in the image here was a scene from "The Office" that a group made together. Very funny! My goal in the next few days is to get those loaded here so you can see them. We also did one and Scott was the star (no surprise- thank goodness he doesn't mind making a fool of himself) and played MacGuyver. Just wait- it was good. Mullet and all....
It was such a fun night. Parties are swell! Happy Halloween everyone!


1 comment:

Jewels said...

So much fun! Your parties are always such a smash hit, I know your friends look forward to it every year. By the by, you look super hot in your little tennis get-up. Fourteen love!