Sunday, October 28, 2007

Faster Santa!

Is it wrong that I want one of these?
From my early days of youth, I remember we had this HUGE roll of vintage looking brown Christmas wrapping paper- it had old Charles Dickens looking illustrations repeated throughout... a Toile-like print. It was like, 1000 yards long or something ridiculous like that and so heavy! It was a chore just rolling the thing out on the table to free a yard or two.
Every Christmas season we would make an effort to wrap a few presents in that paper so we would finally use it up. You'd see the sad pressies in their old hand-me-down paper, sitting there under the tree next to all the shiny fancy new papered gifts. Poor little guys.
Anyway, I swear we probably didn't get through that thing until I moved out for college (or did we ever?).
But maybe if we'd had a cool cutter like this! We would have been whistling a holiday tune and anxious as an elf to wrap our goodies in that cursed paper. Plus, no print to tire of. You can get these endless rolls in red or a cool silver/white stripe. Hmmmmm......

1 comment:

Jewels said...

Ooooh, that's fancy. I think I want one. And I totally remember that brown and red paper...where in the world did Mom and Dad buy that? I actually think they may still have some of it...it lives under the stairs or something.