Wednesday, October 3, 2007

So I have officially started to spread some haunting cheer around my house. Well, outside of my house. You know it. October 1st, I was out there in the 90 degree day sweating as I hung my ghost and spread our large web across the window. This is why I had to remove the color and make the image black and white. It's just not the same 'fall' feeling when you see blaring blue sky reflecting in the window. Far too cheerful.
You can see this same blue sky reflecting in the door above my spooky, new wreath!
What do you think? I know- it's a little sparkly, but oh well. I live in Vegas. It's flashy like that. The idea was cooler in my mind. I can't help but think it looks a little Flinstones...pretty cool though, eh? Note the squirmy grey mice crawling around. I think I need to find some severed fingers and jam them in the twigs....

And the reason I don't have anything fun up on the inside is this: Home Improvement.
Everyone who loves "work in progress", raise your hand. Yeah, didn't think so.
The result is nice, but man- sometimes getting there is a pain in the arse. This is why our house is still bare and neglected in some decorating aspects. My mind is just not into all the 'doing' sometimes.
Scott and I agreed to finally try and finish some of the ideas we have had for a while. So this wall was our first start. Soon it will have a cool natural-edge shelf on it, be covered in bleached stacked stone and our table will (gasp) have chairs around it! I thought I would post some pictures of progress, like those fun DIY shows. Anyway- we'll see.
I have since cut a big hole in the wall for the shelf. I'll put that up next. Destruction is fun. :)

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Bravo on the outside decor! I LOVE the web. Your house is so much more finished than mine is. Ugh. How I hate home improvement. I can't wait to see the wall when it's all done!

Mindy said...

You are amazing! I love your wreath! Go Martha… I mean Andrea! Where do you find the time? And your new banner…. Brilliant. Thanks for getting me in the festive mood.

Emily said...

I don't think the wreath looks Flinstone, but it is a little flashy. Then again so are you, remember the shoes you posted that you wanted not to long ago! You are pure sass and I'm glad to see that is reflected in your halloween decor.