Monday, November 10, 2008

Today's Gratefuls

1) Accessible outdoors. We live close to Red Rock and I bike there, run up there, hike up there, think up there, etc. and it's only minutes away. I am grateful for those who preserve and maintain it.
2) Time with my kids today. For a good week or more the kids have been asking to go "climb the mountains" so I took them hiking today. We explored some new trails and climbed quite a bit around the rocks. It was fun to comment on thoughts and things we observed. There was a guy up there being life-lighted out of a nearby canyon, too- so we witnessed some helicopters very close. Quite an adventure! (and a good enforcing visual of my orders to be careful-yes, I milked it a little)
3) Public restrooms. Sure, they can be gross sometimes, but isn't it better than nothing? Sadie has the bladder the size of a teaspoon and always needs to go. And at the worst time. Like right NOW. She never gives me a preview, it's just a sudden gasp of horror as she is grabbing her pants and collapsing to the floor. Sheesh.
4) Soap
5) Babysitters. And specifically our two most devoted. They are like members of the family. Jeannine is like an aunt and is such a great woman. I trust her completely with the kids and she loves them to bits and it shows in how much they adore her back. I am grateful for her in our life and the way she cares for my children. And Jessica has grown up these past few years watching our kids nearly every weekend. She's so capable and fun and again, the kids love having her come. I think my kids actually like them more than me.

2 comments:

Jeannine said...

Andrea, that made my eyes sting. You guys are the best!!!!

Jessica said...

I love to read what you are grateful for. It reminds me that I'm grateful for all those same things too! Love you!