Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday's Greatfuls

See that? How I did that- "Great"fuls? Lately Elliet has been pointing out every compound word we use. This morning I was making pancakes and she said, "Pancake... that's a compound word. Pan, like 'I am cooking with a pan' and cake, like 'mmm- cakes are good!'. Pan-cake." And I was like, "Do you know the compound word sitdown?" jk.
So even though Greatful isn't really a compound word that way, I have made it so. Because I do that. That is Andrea language. And today I noticed some pretty great things:
1) Swivel chairs. Someday I will have a cool art studio and have desks everywhere, stations and what-not of current projects with glossy smooth floors which I will roll across to and fro...until then, I swivel in my art room. They are pretty great, swivel chairs....
2) Amazing and supportive friends. Tonights GND show went well but it wouldn't be anything near the success, or fun, it is without my talented friends who take the time to create/participate as well as the support from people who come. Even if it's just to say hello. I am grateful for the great people I know.
3) Drugs. C'mon now, nothing crazy. I've come down with a wee cold but thanks to some meds, the symptoms haven't been as bad. And Tylenol PM knocked me out last night. Hooray for modern medicine. Anyone want to call me? I will have a sexy Amy Winehouse voice for T-minus 27 hours.
4) Talents. I am constantly inspired by people around me and it's not just through art or creativity.
5) That November 20th finally came. :)

No comments: