Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nov5 Grates

1) Can I hear it for computers?! How do you cut and roast butternut squash? Looked it up today. Yum. Does the library have this book? Looked it up and reserved it. Where is this store located? Found it. Sent emails, read a conference talk, used E's school website, did some design stuff...they are convenient, efficient and resourceful (and fun). So I am grateful for computers.
2) Technical clothing. It was cooold and windy today but the elements become obsolete in the face of my super powers Nike and Northface. I ran early this morning in the 40's and was comfy, wore a cozy sweater all day and stayed warm, wore my sub zero down jacket to Luke's soccer game (okay, so it was only in the 50's but I am a desert girl and standing there gets you chilly) and stayed warm. Hooray for technology and fabric experimentation.
3) Being a Mom. It can get really old stopping fights and picking up everyone's messes over and over and over and over again and emptying the dishwasher again and ... where was I going with this? Oh yeah, it's the berries. Thank goodness there are sweet sweet moments to remind you what it's all for. Especially after bath time and you're all snuggling reading books before bed. Awww. (now goooood night!)
4) Preschool. Oh boy am I ever thankful for that. (before you judge me, see #3)
5) Classical Music. Listened to some Symphonies today for a change. Magnifico! And I don't mean sleepy stuff, I mean beautiful, moving and spirited sound. A true artform. Can you believe people actually compose it? Amazing.

No comments: