Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday's Gratefuls

1) Taste. Some of you know part of my Mom's symptoms a while ago included her losing the ability to taste many things, mostly sweet things. Can you imagine?! Especially at this festive time of year-- gingerbread, pumpkin, soups... traditional family recipes. It's such a wonderful part of life- all the flavors out there and textures of food. I am grateful for the variety to keep life interesting.
2) Recipes! Confession: I... can not cook. I am horrible at it. Let me clarify: I tried a few days ago to 'make' a salad containing ingredients that sounded good. Ohmygosh it was the most awful thing ever. I choked it down out of pride but really appreciated recipes that day. I enjoy cooking and baking and trying new things to keep this duty of mine interesting, but I am very grateful for good recipes. Like my Grandma's apple pie. Thanks, Grams!
3) Carpooling
4) Hair ties/barrettes/rubber bands or my poor girls would look like nomads. Well, so would I. So make it big. All hair products so we don't look like nomads.
5) Scott making dinner tonight... which he just threw together and it tasted great. Hmph.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the Hmph! And the thing that makes you a good cook is that your not intimidated by the recipes. You will try anything. (Me... no so much!)

Jewels said...

I second what Jess said - you will try anything. I have always thought you were a great cook! And hooray for hair products, I would look like a un-sheared sheep, otherwise.

Tayva said...

What a fun lot of gratefuls! K--for the record---I love your cooking; I'm always asking you for advice, especially when you grill! (The 'hmph' was a perfect explanation mark on your list! I'm still laughing) And hair products? Oh, yeah. Especially ways to cover the gray. Sigh. XO