Sunday, November 16, 2008

Double Thanks

Oops! So distracted with Bond-ness that I missed posting yesterday, so lucky you! Here are my five for then and five for now.
Yesterday:
1) My bike
2) Washer/Dryer
3) My job. I know I am probably way too honest with some of my mothering frustrations but I would not want to be doing anything else. I am grateful that I can be here for my kids, help them with broken toys or forts, paint fingernails and teach them new things. I don't miss running a business or going to work and answering to someone. I am grateful to be able to do what I do and hopefully I am not damaging three, impressionable minds in the process. At least not too much.
4) Those folding chairs that you take to your kids soccer games. And soccer practices. And more games. Yeah. I am grateful for those.
5) Fandango!

Today:
1) Culinary convenience. If I want to make something, I can. If I need eggs, I can get them. Or milk, or fresh vegetables or bread... how blessed are we to not have to hesitate for hardly any food item or recipe at all?! (unless it's a Martha recipe- then I can't guarantee it- you may actually have to travel to acquire some saffron or truffles)
2) Punctuation! You ALL know how much I overuse it. Picture me in a pile of parenthesis and commas, tossing them gleefully in the air so they fall on my head....
3) Sight. Broad, I know, but vision is priceless. To see my children, the sky, the color of shadows, the eyes of those you love, architecture and color, everything....
4) Shoes. I don't mean for fun (though it's so very true that they are) but how functional they are. Again, it's the book I'm reading but these poor women would stand in freezing temps for hours on cold ground, do hard labor and walk for miles with hardly anything on their poor feet. I think I am very grateful for shoes.
5) Milk.

No comments: