Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Day Before










Here we go as I recap the weekend...
Thursday was a fun pre-Halloween day and jam packed with activity. After getting E off to school complete with her costume that I made the night before (eeesh- you'll be the judge soon enough), the twins and I formed a fine assembly line and put together the treat bags for their pre-school Halloween party later that day. It would be a pretty uneventful thing but ended up entertaining me immensely, so now you have to see pics and hear why. Watching how the two of them executed the same thing so differently was great. I cut out a bunch of white ghosts and asked them to draw a face and write their name. Sadie went right for all the bright colors and started to do one ghost at a time, complete with an eligible name. Luke laid out all six of his ghosts in front of him and drew each face in parts... the eyes, the noses, then the mouths.... then he wrote his "name" (which I then translated in english). How cute is kid art!? I love it..her weird letters and his funny ghost faces.











After loading the car and some quick errands, the twins got dropped off for their party and I hurried to E's school for her big Halloween Trunk or Treat parade. I observed this last year and thought it would be fun to be part of it, but didn't bite until they sent a letter asking for a few more trunk volunteers. HeckyessIweeel. So I thought it would be fun to do some goofy mad scientist thing, hand the candy to the kids in a weird wig/goggles with long tongs, etc....Well, it was too warm of a day to wear a wig/goggles and the swarm of children negated my hopes for one-at-a-time candy distribution by tongs, but I donned the lab coat and my cool black gloves. The kids ended up really digging the juicy brains and worms, etc. I successfully grossed out lots of kids! Who knew striking fear and doubt into young hearts would feel so wonderful! I love this holiday. And how can hundreds of little kids in costumes not put a smile on your face. It was fun to see other friends kids and Elliet had a great time. After clean up, E and I picked up the twins, met Scott and visited the Springs Preserve Haunted Harvest. A beautiful night in a beautiful place was a fun end to the day. Now... Halloween day is next!

No comments: