Thursday, November 27, 2008

Soccer Break

The fall soccer season has officially ended. Luke loved playing, even though he was one of the smallest on the team. The coaches are great and his teammates are all nice and just like him (dramatic at times; crying, wrestling, etc.). It was a pain to have one more thing fit into my Wednesday but I loved going to watch him run around.
They took some team pictures and here are mine of just Luke. Unfortunately, none of the team ones worked because Mr. drama here was all tears and whiney so he slumped his head down during the entire shoot. Then when it was all done, he skipped to me and asked if we were going to get ice cream. I'm telling you, he is probably the biggest 'girl' in the family. But look at him! He still melts my mommy heart.
The story of these three pictures is this:
Me: "Okay Luke... smile! One... two...."
Luke: " But Mooom, you need to say me something to say... like... cheeeeese!" (and then he'd give that really cheesy grin, squint his eyes and hold still... so funny)
Me: (thinking of a different, funny thing he can say so I can distract him to get a geniuine, non-cheese rehearsed smile) "Okay, Luke... how about we say.... Purple Dinosaur!" ...as I snap the photo of his serious face...
Luke: "But Mah-om, not purple dinosaur... I want to saycheeeese!" (cheese face again)
Mom: "But Luke I can't see your eyes.... how about... Chocolate Monkeys!" (I snap the serious face again)
Luke: "No Mooooom, no chocolate monkeys...."
We did this about three or four times until I got at least one candid 'normal' shot of him. Of course, none of them are really outstanding. We have obviously chosen the right sport for our child because he has no arms. I didn't do that well, did I. At least he is smiling.
Note those tiny feet and cletes! My chocolate Lucas!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh, I love the pictures! He's got that nonchalant athlete/jock thing goin' on--go Luke! XO