Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween 2008












Warning: Lots of pics (just for you, extended fam).
We had a really fun Halloween this year. I liked that it fell on a Friday, leaving the rest of the weekend to recover. Nevada day is October 31st so the kids were out of school that day. The twins preschool teacher (the cool one that came as such a great zombie to the party) and a friend decided to throw a great kids Halloween party. I think it's something that they should do every year. They did a great job and the kids had so much fun. This is the essence of Halloween! The silly songs and running around in costumes playing games... I don't know why I enjoyed living through all the kids so much... okay, I do... it's a Halloween party. C'mon now.
They decorated cupcakes (think Sadie has enough candy corns on there?), played musical pumpkins and did a candy toss for prizes. Then they wrapped each other up as mummies with toilet paper which ended up being such great fun because they all got to rip out of their mummification to the Monster Mash and throw the TP everywhere during the song. There was seriously a musty air in the room from all the floating cotton fiber. We're just setting them up for some good teenage fun, right? Toilet paper is your frieeeeend. After that it was the old-school classic: eat the powdered donut from the string with no hands. The kids got some good laughs watching each other doing this, powder all over their faces. Luke became quite a ham when it was his turn. PS- Captain (Hook) America wears Rainbows, right? After all the fun we headed back home and chilled out for a little while. I started to make dinner as Scott's parents were joining us that night to trick or treat. Funny side story here- I found a new chili recipe to try that called for Merlot. Yes- I am a sinner. I bought some partly for the simple, vain reason of using a cool bottle to add to my shortage of decorations. So there I was, in my kitchen. The bottle and I staring down one another as I wondered how in the world to open the thing. But I'm a smart girl and figured it out (alright fine- thanks to Wiki. Yes! I'm that lame- I had to look it up!). The recipe ended up tasting well enough but I don't think I'll make it again. So see? I got a cool bottle out of it. So over the in-laws come, we eat our festive dinner and prepare to venture out.
This is the fun part. I got the yard all ready, put up some extra lights, stuck my ipod player out there with spooky tunes and it was perfect. The weather this whole day was so so so perfect. Nice low clouds but warm. We went around our neighborhood and the kids got so much candy half way through that we ended up heading home early. After visiting a while with Bobba & MJ, they headed home and we put the rascals to bed. It was a great Halloween day and hope you all had a fun one, too!
(Whew! All caught up now...)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love the costumes! Yours too, by the way, at your party. Hopefully next year the planets will alight and we'll join in the fun.