Sunday, September 2, 2007

My Week

So this is why I haven't posted all week. Every year, our cycling team hosts the Mount Charleston Hill Climb and it was Labor Day. Here is a pic of some of our 200+ registrants getting ready to go. It's a tough event and requires a lot of planning and execution, but I have to admit that I am enjoying it more and more every year as we learn better ways to pull it off.
It still requires so much attention the week of, and we are all wiped out when it's over. It's like Christmas- all this build up to something that is over in no time.
This year it was hot at the bottom and wet at the top. You can see the rain in this photo starting to brew ahead.
We had some good food, music and fun at the top, despite some wet weather. All in all, it was a success and it's OVER!












Let's see... what else did I do this week? Managed a super fun
night out with Emily for her Birthday - See her link to the right
for more details if you so desire. Shopping and good food was
had by all, especially since Panera Bread was chucking all of their
baked goods for the day so we literally left with BAGS of carbs.
But don't fret, my worried hips and blog readers- once home it obvious why most of it was trashed anyway.
The next day, on Thursday, my sister Julia had her 2nd baby boy!
They named him Cole, he is healthy and well and she is doing
great (of course).
Now I face the new plates of responsibility. Enrichment activity
coming up and that all needs to be planned. Most of it before this
Thursday if I can manage it since we leave this weekend for
Lotoja. Wahoo! So looking forward to a fun weekend with my
husband and good friends in a beautiful place.

My last photo here is of Lucas. As it must be living with two sisters, he sees them get their hair done and is always asking for "pick tails". Sure, son! Sit right here and you can have them.
He picked the orange ribbons and everything and then promptly ripped it all out. He'll probably forget all about this by Tuesday and ask me again. I will have fun showing this photo to his dates, though. It's worth it.
And my last mission this week!? School has officially started so check your local Target store. Halloween stuff gets put on the shelves NOW and I am SO checking. Peace out.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Great job on the hill climb Andrea. I know that it takes a ton of time. I wish we could have been there. Thanks again for a fun birthday.