Tuesday, August 28, 2007

School Girl

Elliet started Kindergarten yesterday. Scott and I were way more anxious and excited for her than she was. She acted like it was no big deal. But, I suppose, with no other older siblings to know what was expected, it was all unknown to her anyway. Did I cry?? Big fat no. I think I felt all those weird mixed emotions when I signed her up in May. Scott was the one who was all emotional. No tears, don't get excited now, just nerves.
Our pyramid guessing game show questions upon her return home were so anti-climactic. They went something like this:


"Did you have fun?"
"yah"
"Do you like your teacher?"
"yah"
"Did you like your lunch I made you? Did you eat all the berries and the broccoli?" (this was Dad- he took very extra-special care in packing that first day lunch)
"yah"
"What did you talk about?"
"Um... being quiet"
"Did you meet any friends? What were their names? Were they nice?"
"Did you...." and so on and so forth. And then she said, "I don't want to talk about school anymore". So there you go. Milestone arrived and gone.
Now if I could just get through this week. The twins are noticeably missing their playing buddy and attacking each other in her absence... hold on for preschool, this mommy can't wait. How I will love those precious hours each day....Oh, but yeah, kids are awesome.
Juls called me yesterday to announce that she will be induced on Thursday if she doesn't go into labor before then. Sweet! Cousin #2 is almost here.
I have a lot going on this week. Celebrations are in store for Emily since her Birthday is on THURSDAY! There is fun to be had, lunches to attend, etc. And the Hill Climb hanging over my head this Saturday. It's fun to be involved but the week of the event is always stressful. Then next weekend we head to Jackson Hole for Lotoja. Which reminds me- I better get to bed since I am getting up in less that 6 hours for a training ride. Can't wait to cap that trip off with the return here to see Kings of Leon.

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Andrea, she is quite possibly the most gorgeous little thing. Of course she handled the first day of school like a champion! I can't wait for the twins to start preschool, either. Then I can monopolize ALL your free!

Jewels said...

...time. Your free time. I'm an idiot.

Emily said...

So cute! I want a pink backpack. I am excited for our little outings too, but now I have guilt - you are so busy. We are so not in hill climb mode at our house. OK lets be honest, I don't really have guilt because we will still have fun!