Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Savor Summer


Anticipating the fall season is always fun. Elliet starts Kindergarten next week and I quite enjoyed myself at Target getting all her little school supplies...the fall Jcrew issue has arrived, Halloween is around the corner, etc. etc....
So this week I am trying to appreciate the last few lazy summer days we have left. The kids and I swam this afternoon, like most of them this summer, followed with the usual snow cones. There is something so quintessentially summer about defying our hot desert weather with a refreshing afternoon swim and freezing cold high fructose syrup treats. Ahhhhhh.... I love it so.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

I passed a Snowie station today and thought of you! I wish we could come out there and spend the last few days of Summer with you guys...and your pool and snowie machine.