Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kings in da house


Wow- what a fun weekend. I have a lot to report. I will start with last night since I haven't downloaded my pics from our weekend at Lotoja.
We returned back in town yesterday afternoon and got to spend some time with the kids. We missed them a lot and it was so nice to squeeze them and kiss them until they wanted us to leave again. Absence makes the heart grow fonder so I am trying to stretch my fondness out as long as I can before the yelling starts again. ha!
Later that evening we hooked up with our good pals, the Francii, and had some yummy (and provocative....You'll have to ask for that story) sushi and headed down to the Hard Rock to see Kings of Leon. It was such a fun show. We stayed close to the front the entire time, elbowing the obnoxious drunkards back and formed a nice little area. Got some great views of the boys (Ahem, Caleb has shaved and cut his hair- MIGHTY nice looking esp. in his vintage Nike T) in their super tight jeans and boots. They played a great set of their songs and sounded fab. I was most impressed with Emily who would sing and jump and dance with me. Usually I am all alone doing this myself as Scott stands behind me embarrassed with his arms folded. So I got to embarrass him, Emily and Dave! Also, the boys loved me last night. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club saw me in the crowd and called out to me, begging me to play their tambourine... so I finally complied and they threw it to me. True story! We go, like, way back. Okay, the only true part is that they through out their tambourine and I caught it and played it for about 2 minutes, then felt silly and gave it to said drunkards who enjoyed the attention.
Then when the Kings of Leon were on stage, three or four songs in, Caleb saw me and was like "Andrea! I so called you today! I sure wish you weren't married so we could date.. here is my guitar pick as a symbol of my admiration for you...." Totally happened. OK- just the toss of the guitar pick and I caught it. But hey! An item from each band in one night!? Lucky me.
Thanks for the super fun night, guys!

2 comments:

Emily said...

you were totally feeling the love last night from those bands. thanks for the good time.

Jewels said...

Why didn't you go backstage? Caleb called me all sad because he wanted to chill with you. Poor, lovesick rock star...