Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Enamel Time













This is something I am loving right now.
(yes, yes, besides Gerard...)
I finally got myself to the Home Depot and bought some spray enamel for random things I have collected over the past weeks. You know, purchases where I say to myself, "Now that would be really cool painted _____"... as my office begins to fill up with who knows what, looking like a yard sale.
This particular item on display is some kind of cup thingamajig. It's about 8" tall and was a dirty brass mess. But the Martha in me said to me in a dream, she said "Don't forget Enamel paint!" So I obeyed and bought the $4 thing. Martha would be so proud. Unless it's some heirloom missing from a Grandmothers vanity... then she may not be so proud that I just smothered it in white tar. Oh well.
But maybe she'll forgive when I fill it with cute cutlery, napkins, straws, pencils, "anything you want to keep cool...".
So I finally did it. Slapped down some big bucks (it's like $3 a can- cheapola) and completed projects. Finis! Finalization! Accomplishment! Is this what successful people feel like all the time?
Actually, I know what drives me to this kind of sanity. The looming responsibility of real things that need to be done. There is nothing like having 5 loads of laundry to motivate you to get dusting those ceiling fans. I highly recommend it, my dears.

4 comments:

JENNIE! said...

that looks great! Bring some of that spray on over my way!

Emily said...

very cute! what are you painting next?

oh snap said...

"anything you want to keep cool...".

-So many laughs with this post.

Andrea said...

Em- I think a few magazine racks, maybe Scotts shoes if he doesn't start putting them away... my kids toys for the same reason... this is a dangerously easy habit.