Wednesday, September 5, 2007


Oh Happy Day! This is the twins first week of preschool and the backpacks finally get put to their useful purpose (We did have some issues in the car while trying to buckle car seats and wearing them at the same time). They had a great time.
Elliet is adjusting well to all day Kindergarten. So far, so good!
Now I just have to adjust to doing homework. Since, you know, it's supposed to be for the kids but I have repeat the instructions 379 times while she doodles and daydreams. You seasoned Mom's with older kids, I am sure, know what I mean. Don't know if I can take the simple math much longer....(how many elephants really ARE there??)

Last night I finalized one of our classes for Enrichment night. We are doing 'Glitter Gourds'. Such a high class name, eh? Don't they look so Martha? I had to share. Super cheap, too. About $15 for the whole caboodle. Craft setback #1: You end up with sparkly-face. Something my husband gladly pointed out while we were talking later. No, he snickered it out.

Yesterday was my Dad's Birthday. I love my Dad. He is so great. He can fix anything, consult with the best of wisdom and he knows the answers to everything from manipulating electrical cord to business sense, etc. He is an amazing man and makes me so proud to be his daughter. He made so many memories fun as kids. So since I couldn't be home to give you the treatment we received in our youth, to wake you at 6am blaring "Birthday" by the Beatles (yes, every year. Even during school. Very loud.), this will have to do. Love you, old woddies!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You really are one of the most creative people I know. If you have any left over materials after your shindig, I want to make some "glitter gourds". They are better than Martha! And congrats on preschool, I will join you in celebrating tomorrow.

JENNIE! said...

OOH, sign me up for a "glitter gourds" kit if you have enough, those are great.... you creative little punk!