Monday, September 17, 2007

Rockstar Drama


Tonight was our monthly FHE with the Leaver fam. We had all of Scott's siblings and their spouses as well as his two cousins and their families at the parents house. That ended up being 11 adults and many little kids running everywhere (all over de town- Three Amigos anyone?)
So there we are...visiting, ignoring whiny kids and giving them fudge pop #3, all was normal and good in the world.
Then it happened.
The "activity" for the night was presented in all it's glory. Guitar Hero was turned on by the hosts for the month (Todd and Kels) and taught to us boring, ignorant slugs.
That guitar was placed over my shoulder, my fingers on the colored buttons and I felt it. I felt it top to bottom, kids! the love from the crowd, the fire from my strums, the smoke! I was playing Hearts "Crazy On You" and had this amazing inner connection. What an experience. I am in trouble now. I can't wait until Christmas. Maybe if I do some ironing I can earn some money for it.
On a sad note, I was not chosen for the Slipstream contest. I really had some wild idea that I might see that name on my caller ID today. Silly, foolish me. Bad Dobby.
Otherwise, we had a great day. My sister came into town last night for a quick two day stop so Scott and I got to go on a bike ride early this morning. I enjoyed spending time with her today and her kids (remember, she brought her 2 week old baby!). And then tonight. Well, I just told you what happened there. I am a changed woman. Where do you think people buy leopard stretch pants here in Vegas? I think I may need some. This game calls for some costumes. Be ready, local friends who read my blog... I forsee an 80's rock star party coming on and costumes will be required. Oh, and so will standing up, back to back as we guitar duel.

3 comments:

suzy said...

Okay you don't really know me. I met you once at a picnic up in redrock...my husbands rides with you guys...and I was just browsing through Jennie's friends on her blog and came accross this. I must comment. Guitar Hero was too a life changing experience. I now know why people want to be rockstars...:) Your post made me laugh! Just wait till you get it, you and your husband will be up in the middle of the night with no concept of time battling it out like it was seventh grade all over again! SO FUN!

Andrea said...

Hey Suzy!
I am happy to know of other GH fans. Sounds like you both are a shoe in for a future rock party. Get those fingers a practicing.

Jewels said...

I think my favorite moment of the evening is when we played dueling guitars back to back! I bow to your rock genius...we will meet again under the hot lights of fame!!