Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rainbow Desert


We have had rain for a couple of days... cloudy skies and cooler weather. It has been fabulous. So when I woke up this morning, I looked to the mountains and saw this cool, low fog all around. I was kicking myself for not getting up earlier and out there in it on my bike.
I got all dressed and out the door, but by the time I hit the hills, most of the low clouds were gone. I still got some great shots of the changing shadows and saturated colors from the rain. It was beautiful!
Can I just say I love where we live?! I love the desert. I love the colors and the smells, even the dryness of it. This was one of those mornings where I really appreciated the damp smell of sage and clean pavement. It is such a beautiful landscape- so open and so much sky. Growing up visiting Lake Powell gave me lots of time to meditate while observing the bright orange rock against the blue sky- I always loved how the opposite colors made the landscape so striking! Clouds would turn pink reflecting off the rock and the sky would be soooo blue. Anyway, just had to share some beauty of the day. Hope you like the pics (and be sure to click on them for a nice, big view).



(My weak attempt at a pano- :)

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Geez, nice pics! You do live in a beautiful place - guess I'll have to come back and visit.

Emily said...

those are great pictures and good for you for being out on your bike.