Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spensy Meds

Saw these restored vintage apothecary jars here and my heart began to race...
"How fab are THESE for Halloween!", says the voice in my head.
I anxiously click the link to have my hopes squashed at the $495 price tag. For a measely 10 bottles! There should still be old drugs in them for that price. Ah well. Still great. Mom, Juls, other Halloween-obsessed fans...if we start now I bet we could accumulate a 'nice grouping' (as Gene Wilder would say) and make some fakies. Experiment... begin!
(They have some rad misc. items worth checking out as well, esp. the vintage phones. Perfect for that flat in France.)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

That is outrageous! They are very cool though!

Tayva said...

oh, MAN! Those are AWESOME!!! Well, to work! Only 9 1/2 months to have these cranked out for the 'bad lab'. . . hmmm . . .

Jewels said...

Those ARE fab! Freaker, $500?? Whatevs. It's the jars that make them so cool, I'm sure we can make rad labels. I am on it!

Randi Patch said...

I just looked at some on ebay and they are spency!! But, they had some really cool old apothecary medicine bottle labels. You should check them out.

Mindy said...

Love the bottles! Love the labels! I'm sure you could find some cool bottles at some "science-type" website. Then, with your skill, the labels would be a snap! Next thing you know... WHALA!...you just saved $495 bucaroos. Let me know how it turns out.