Friday, January 9, 2009

All Things New

So I know I said something about change happening on the 1st. Um... Happy new blog layout! I know, not that exciting but change can foster progression and I'm all for that. I like the feeling of a new year and the motivation that it brings. Don't you find that a cool feeling in itself? The desire to improve? I think it's awesome to see people desiring to be better and trying new things. One example: The gym is crowded, people are walking around the park by my house, etc. I know it's difficult to get out there and start to act on something new and unfamiliar, but I feel like giving them a pat on the back like a proud Mom. That is awesome that they are taking action. Can't we all relate to that? Maybe it's because we know that, to someone on the outside it may look like a simple walk in the park, but inside you know that it took a lot to get you out there. And that is the magical growth. You do it for you, not for anyone else. That confidence from acting on an honest desire is priceless. I know, so touching... sniff*sniff*
Maybe I'll get that encouraging pat when I attempt a garden this year or try to be a better mother, wife and friend. Maybe I'll get one from Stacy & Clinton when I try to use more of my wardrobe. Shyeah.
There were some tough lessons in 2008, so what do I do about it? Regret or grow?
On we go into 2009... I'm ready to ask foolish questions, make mistakes in order to learn and try to be another year better.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the new layout! Maybe I need a new layout too! :) haha

I totally agree with you about taking action. I exercised with my mom yesterday and today and she did great. She said that all it really takes is getting started. So true! I told her I would be her personal trainer (what little I can offer) in exchange for babysitting! Sounds good to me!

longview said...

You never cease to amaze me with your positive spin on EVERYTHING! Change can be a very good thing...one of the reasons I love to follow your blog so much. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Love you