Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lately

Alas, I haven't been in much of a posting mood. My time of late has been occupied with unexciting things like finally changing air filters, taking down the last Christmas tree (the upside down monster), other random home mish mash, etc. We have had a few interesting things that I need to journal though, so lucky you!
Item one: our dryer caught on fire. Yep. Have no fear though, nothing too dramatic. I smelled smoke and saw something burning but it was actually in the dryer, not the drum part where the clothes were, but behind that! So bascially, I could do nothing but aim a squirt bottle stream through the back vent like an idiot. Luckily it went out on it's own even though the thing smoked for twenty minutes and made my house smell nasty for a a few days. But Scott and I took it apart, cleaned it and now it's right as rain. And yeah, as I type that I thought the same thing you probably just did- how it would be heeLARious if in two weeks I am posting about my house burning down. Please no.
Item two: I cut the girls hair. So, Jeannine- I think you need to bring your tools next time you come and correct my efforts. Still, Sadie looks so cute with short hair. She has wanted it short for a while. It's like the reduced hair weight has given her more skipping and tippy-toe powers. And Elliet got bangs ("I got BANGS! Myhairissonow"). Now she has ceased eating her hair and they look rather cool. We were driving home from school this week and while looking out the window she told me she wanted all the kids to go home and say to their Moms, "Mom? There is a girl in my class named Ellie and she got bangs.". Totally made me laugh. I'll get some pics eventually.
Item three: Luke pulled a button out of his nose. Now, this is what makes this so funny. I was giving them a bath. Luke gets out, I'm drying him off and he blows his nose a little and... ew- I see a little B surfacing (Not hamburger, but sounds like) so I grab a tissue and tell him to wait. He says to me, "No Mom- I can git it, it's my button." And I'm returning with the tissue saying, "A Button? It's not a button, Luke...." as I shove the tissue in his face and tell him to blow. He obeys and I feel "it" enter the tissue. I'm a little grossed out but to prove that I am right, I open the tissue and say, "See Luke? Look- we got it! Look at the yucky..." and guess what, it actually was a button! Then he smugly smiles at me. And promptly received a kind lecture on never doing that again.
PS- Something I must document is his way to express a small measurement. He says "Leetle tiny" and holds up his fingers like he's about to pinch you. "Elliet, when we raced I still beat you by a leetle tiny". "Mom, I finished my oatmeal... but not really, there is still a leetle tiny".

This week we have had marvy weather. I am talking high 60's, low 70's even! It has been giving me some much needed sun therapy. We've gone to the park nearly every day, I can drive with the windows down, music up and hair all shennanigan. I really start to feel the craving for summer and sunshine in January. All the catalog gods are teasing with swimwear sales (btw- anyone else disappointed in the VS swim issue? Nothing cool in there) and linen. It's a good thing we live where we do. March is not far away and I'm getting trés ready to shed some sweaters. Does that mean it's time to stop eating cookies? %$#*.

3 comments:

Jeannine said...

I can't wait until I see Elliet's hair so I can go home and say, There's this girl Elliet and she has bangs. I'm sure you did a good job, but I'll bring my stuff just in case, I'm sure I'll only need to fix a leetle tiny

Jewels said...

I love you. This post was hilarious, and I love you.

Jules said...

Love the button story! Life is never dull with kids around!