Thursday, January 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTY!

Today is my brother's Birthday. Marty is my Irish twin! He was my partner in crime growing up and today receives his honorary photo-shopped Party Hat! Do you remember:
-Playing Mario Brothers for hours as kids?
-Sneaking out to go to the Carnival? (And making us come home early...wuss)
-Sleeping on the trampoline, TPing time and time again? The Bishop's house was still legendary! Do you remember how fun that felt to do it in our bare feet on the warm sidewalks in the moonlight... and we ran into that neighbor who was a cop and he actually helped us?! SO great.
-Waking up at the crack of dawn for the bus in the freezing cold? Driving Grandpa's Cheyenne Super, sneaking Dad's NuSkin shakes for breakfast on the way? Those were coooooold on cold mornings....
-Driving to the Larsen's for Spring Break in the CRX. Um... going over 100pmh at times. (Sorry, Dad.)
-Sunbathing at Powell. Cliff jumping, jet skiing and water ballooning...
-Listening to the Beatles every road trip making it part of our blood now...
-Giggling over yogurt store innuendo's so hard until we couldn't breathe?
Good times.
He is, dare I say, the most 'responsible' of us Patch kids. Wise beyond his years and always likes to have fun. Marty, I love you! I hope you had a great Birthday and got to watch nine movies.

2 comments:

Yennigirl said...

I love Marty! I always think of the finger checks every morning in the Commons when I think of him. And every time I see Pop tarts, I think of you waiting for the bus in the dark, winter mornings holding a steaming (literally) hot pop tart! They always looked so good! (btw, I still have nightmares that I'm going to miss the bus!).

La La Land said...

Oh, the bus days! I was so happy when you could drive the truck! And I totally remember the TPing days (as well as the infamous time that John the policeman helped you).

Marty is so cool! I have many funny memories of him. Wish him a Happy Birthday from me!