Thursday, April 24, 2008

You have GOT to be kidding me

You know what? From now on, if you EVER have one of those moments where you wish you could do something; start a business or open a small shop, any kind of dream in the back of your head....By all means, DO IT. Because, apparently making dreams into a reality is not difficult at all.
Take, for example, this horrible fabric.
Would you put this on a quilt for your daughter? (shocking!) or your son? (Um,... gross)
I mean, who ever is this for? The underground community of dirty quilters? The 'Naughty Needlers'? Where the tatted ladies are cackling at old memories of hookin' up with the UPS dude?
"Oh yeah, I remember when I opened the door in my Mu-mu and asked him if he wanted some lemonade...."
Or better yet, maybe it's for the super-sweet, innocent society sisters. Oh think of the neighborhood gossip on that one. "(gasp!) Now Dotty, I'm not one to judge, but did you look at those young men on that quilt that Fern brought to club this afternoon? Bet Harold doesn't know she's makin' it!"
Such a consumer waste. Once all the Nascar fans have snatched it, it's going to clog all the $2 fabric stores in the U.S for the next three years.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tayva said...

LOL! and more uproariously: hahahahah! Looks like someone had too much time on their hands! Aye, me. It was worth it just to have a good laugh. How I love you! XO, Mommy p.s. Hmmm. I have the strangest urge to quilt something. . .

Jewels said...

NOW I know what to get your for Christmas! I love a man in uniform as much as the next girl, but really? Really? And I have to say that it looks like someone ran out of creativity when it came to the delivery personnel. Um...knee shorts and ankle socks? A mailman with an untucked shirt? Ugh. Like you want one of them to say, "I got a package for ya...where do you want it?" In the garbage, pal.

oh snap said...

BWA-HAHAHha!!

Fern? Nascar Fans? -Too good.

Mindy said...

HA! I couldn't stop laughing at this blog! Where DID you find this horrid fabric?? Well, it was worth them making it just so you could blog about it.

I'll have to keep a look out for the "new" police uniforms while driving home from work!

Emily said...

I love it! I think that is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time and you know you will now be getting something made from this! Maybe an apron or a cute skirt for church.

Mark said...

OH my word. I am on the verge of tears. Thank you Andrea, thank you.

Jackie said...

I remember working on a quilt with someone who had bought fabric that looked like flames and when you looked closer you could see the silhouette of naked women behind the flame, you know the kind on the back of your truck mud flaps. Now I kind of want to make you a "special" quilt.

Jackie said...

I should have also said it was an accident and she didn't use it. She just didn't see it until after she got the fabric home.

SSWS said...

Andrea....where did you find this fabric! I'll have to watch for it in the $2 bin at the fabric stores. What is with the UPS man on fabric? And he clearly seems to be playing for the other team.....GREAT post!

anna said...

i saw this stuff a while ago and had a good laugh over it, too. (i wish we talked more, we could have enjoyed it together)

i can think of only one group of society "sisters" that might enjoy this fabric. and well, technically, they are not SISTERS but more likely BROTHERS.

hm?