Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Weekend "Sucked"

Last week was a little busy for me. If you are reading this, then you read before how we had just returned from Spring Break and I had Enrichment on Thursday. Got through that (and it was great) and Friday I packed up the kids and the four of us drove to Utah for a few days.
We weren't on the road more than an hour when I had this happy scene in my rear view mirror.
Don't worry yourself, I held the camera and just aimed...c'mon now, what kind of Mom would do that? "Look! No Hands!"
So in go the headphones to enjoy the scenery. I love watching the landscape change and even got a beautiful sunset. Thanks, Paragonah!
Saturday I met Julia at Cody's new Cross Fit Gym and did a slice of a work out. And the title is right: I was 'cross' with the 'fit' because I could barely bend over for two days. Very cool place though. Then we hurried home, ate lunch, pulled a 'Matinee-Mom' and dragged everyone to Horton Hears A Who. My Mom, Marty & Jess (with cute Grahammy), Cody & Julia with their two and us. Then after dinner we put them wild kids to bed and watched Dan in Real Life. Is there a rule for too many movies? Didn't think so.
Sunday was a chill day. Seriously. We woke up and found this everywhere. Three inches of new snow! And no church because I had a bad sore throat. Oh no! I must recover for THE show tomorrow night (What? Did you forget my trip destiny!?)... so we had a lazy day, made a great dinner and coconut cupcakes (Hey- just doing my genealogy and sharing with both sides of the family).
Then Monday comes. Went to IKEA with ALL the girls (Go Jess!), got more of the BEST GRANOLA EVER at Great Harvest. People of Provo, you don't know how good you have it. It is the yummiest. By 5:30 our family friend/babysitter comes and North I go to pick up Rich for Vampire Weekend. I won't bore you with a play-by-play. But was the entire trip of over-energized kids, getting a little sick, loosing feeling in my back end, enduring snow again all worth it? OH yes. I'd do it all over again. Super small venue, one person between us and the stage. We were RIGHT THERE and they sounded incredible. Rich and I jived like giddy school girls and it was pure happiness. I love my brother and we so bonded acting like free spirits. Good times.
It was so nice to spend time with everyone. I loved it. Thanks to them for making effort to hang out. Big loves!
We came back yesterday and resumed our normal activity of me yelling at my kids to please bring down the noise levels and be kind to each other. Home sweet home.
(And Elliet did it, not me... but I like her way of thinking)

6 comments:

Tayva said...

Elliet did that?! Go, cowgirl! I miss you guys; I really do. But I have guilt over the cupcakes. Alas! Love you, Mom

oh snap said...

you did lots of cool stuff this weekend that I didn't know about! I'm sad i missed Dan in real life.

Funnest show in a while! Thanks for coming! That picture in the car kills me.

Jewels said...

Did the twins tie themselves up or was that your doing? You are never here long enough - maybe we should stop talking on the phone so much because sometimes I feel like we never sit and just gab when you're here. LOVE YOU - come back and play!!

Jessica said...

I miss you already! Please come back! It was fun to have you here- I always look forward to your visits. Bytheby I wanted to get the name of your dark nailpolish- I love it and I love you!

Emily said...

I can't get enough of that picture of all your kids asleep! What a fun weekend. I want to go with you on your next trip to Provo - only no kids, oh wait I am!

Bryan Crew said...

I can't believe that you spilled the beans about the granola in Provo. That is SO an inside secret and now when I go there to load up there won't be any left. Tsk! Tsk!
I too think that the sleeping picture is sweetness. We call it "horsie mouth" at our house.