Monday, April 7, 2008

Fine Whine

This could be it's own post but I'm trying to carry a little of the conference spirit over so I'll water it down a bit. But seriously, lately Luke has been such a whiner. It's a good thing he is so cute and melts me easily, otherwise I'd be giving him bread crust in a closet. Is it the age? And if he wants to add some cheese to the whine, he'll toss in some devastated acting skills. Aren't toddlers fun? But I love him so. So now you have an explanation of his not-so-cheerful countenance displayed here.
We have a family tradition where we make crépes on Conference Sundays. It's a happy time! It's sugar and white flour! It's syrup and whipped cream! Elliet decided to skip using the fork all together. And Sadie, as you can see, graced us with her best costume. Quite fancy, yes?
And Luke.... well, he was there.
Tomorrow the twins are turning four. FOUR! I can't believe they are that big already. I wish I was more motivated to throw some big whahoo- but I am not. I think the most energy I'll exhort will be for their cakes. And that will have to be a surpreeze to you because I hope I can make what they are asking for.
Pretty good weekend overall. Elliet had her first soccer game on Saturday. Did I mention she is the only girl on a boys team? And acted a little like it unfortunately, to the dismay of her father. But it was windy and a bit overwhelming on that huge field with painted lines and rules. They got spanked. I think the final score was 0-14? Ah well. It's all for fun.

6 comments:

Tayva said...

Hooray for Conference crepes! It's a good thing we don't have quarterly breakfasts like that; and yes, it is the age! You are a great mother and a great daughter, too. Happy twins birthday to YOU! XO, Mommy

Emily said...

I would like to see Henry and Luke in a big whiner show down. Henry could give him a run for his money. I can't wait to see the birthday cakes!

Belly Bones Scott said...

Seriously, look at Luke...'My Mom and Dad are making me eat strawberries with whipped cream and maple syrup; I want to be in a foster home, where they have iceberg lettuce salads' Buck up kiddo!

Jewels said...

Dude- Luke and Cache are the same. You know this, they both love the whining. And no matter what I threaten the kid with, he would rather sound like a cat on fire than calm himself down. And hoorah for Elliet's first soccer game! Did she have fun? Does she like her wee teammates? She looks great in her uniform. Happy Happy Birthday to the twinners!

Jeannine said...

I'll gladly take the cute whiney luke off ur hands for awhile, i miss those kids. U better not be cheating on me and getting someone else to watch them. Happy Birthday Sadie, and Lucas. give them hugs and squeezes and knuckle bumps and kisses from me.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to Sadie and Luke! I still remember them best as little babies, I really enjoyed spending time with those sweet babies!