Monday, May 5, 2008

May Monday

Wow! I think this has been the longest I have EVER gone without posting. Tsk tsk to me. My poor, starving audience... I give my deepest apologies.... to the chirping crickets in the empty seats before me.
But really (monologuing never hurts), I know it's been ever so long and wish I had some exciting tale to defend my cause. Would you believe me if I said I was doing the usual... trying to save the castle (my house) from utter destruction and protect my love (worldly possessions) from the three headed dragon (my children) using honorable enchantments (yelling, bribing, begging) but gave up and escaped (went to Women's Conference)? That basically sums it up. Normal busy stuff. The kids started swimming lessons last week and end this week and are having lots of fun. Elliet scored three goals at her soccer game on Saturday.... THREE GOALS! And Scott said they weren't accidental. He said before the game all he did was have a little chat with her about how it's not mean to take the ball from someone, that it's part of the game. Later on she just took the ball from some kid on the other team, dribbled it down the field and smacked it in. The best part is he said she just watched it roll in, turned around on her toe and skipped back like it was no big deal. So funny. I wish I could have seen it... though, even if I was in town I wouldn't have been there. Managing 4 year old twins there does not a party make. So way to go, E!
And yes, I went out of town for a couple of days with some friends to Womens Conference.... and, I confess, to also go on a little date with my youngest brother and see another concert Friday night (Cut Copy anyone? Can you say Fabtastic?!?). And no, there was NOT a class at WC on acting your age or growing up, so don't ask. Like, gag me with a spoon. As if.
The conference was great. It's always hit and miss with the classes but we caught some great ones, ate, shopped and talked late into the night. A much needed 'refueling' before returning to the castle and see what mess the kingdom had become while I was away. :)
No other spectacular events. I snapped a few random kid moments within that time that needed remembering.
Do you remember those folded game stars you would make in Jr. High? And I can't remember specific games but I do remember they were particularly fun when you wrote boys names inside that you liked and you would hope that the game would end open on your favorite.... Oh. Just me? Well, anyway.... Picture Elliet by my side while I am at my desk, breathing down my neck with boredom so I folded one up for her and Sadie, added some red lips and talked in a great middle-aged secretary voice. It was really funny.
Last week Elliet was supposed to be cleaning her room... and she did a pretty good job for the most part, though I did find this arrangement on the desk. So who remembers doing this!? I want comments, people. Because I remember annoying my mother by doing this very thing and, of course, at the time I saw no harm in my method. Asking me to clean up defaulted to my dolls world as well so I would sit for hours organizing their furniture and clothes, matching all the shoes and putting them neatly on the dolly shelves, etc. I know! Wipe your sweaty brow. It was difficult work! I would be so proud, call my Mom to come and see and she'd find me sitting in my clean spot on the floor in front of my shelves with nothing else done. Er... sorry Mom. I guess it really does come around.
And lastly, having church at 2pm comes with a price. The 'Sunday' movies get old and crafts ensue. This is one Elliet did on her own. Well, the mask anyway. We did the crown a few days before but let me tell you, that was impressive to see her come around the corner with a feathered mask. Not bad! Now go clean up.

Things to come this month: Mothers Day (!), Birthdays, meetings, (more concerts!), appointments... I feel slammed but some of it is for our upcoming Girl Next Door boutique at the end of the month. Time to get my handmade groove on. I have lots of ideas and just need time. No big deal. I'll just swing by Michaels and pick that up. That's easy to come by, right? Fo shizzle, dog. (Learned that on the down low at WC)

3 comments:

anna said...

fo realz! i totally took "cleaning day" as my "dolly and me" time. and as i got older, i would organize my desk and shoes. ha! some things never change!

anna said...

oh, and i LOOOOOV the crown mask...tell elliet, feathers are sooo hot right now!

Jewels said...

Gag me with a spoon? Holy Johnnies. And I think I was the one who played more in our room when we were supposed to be cleaning up. I would place my trinkets 'just so' every time. Ugh - I'm doomed.