Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mommommommommom

Lucas: "Mom"
Me: "Yes, Luke"
Lucas: "Mooom"
Me: "Yes, Luke, what?... what is it?"
Lucas: "Um.... Mom?"
Me:"Luke! I'm listening... What do you want?"
Lucas: "Mooooom Mom Mom Mom"
Me:"LUKE! Look at me! What what what??? You say 'Mom', I said 'What'! What is it?!"
Lucas: "Mom... Um... I want.... Um..... {grin because he just realized I was listening.... and forgot what he wanted}.... Um.... Mom?"
Me: Walking away to scream into a pillow
Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers I know, and especially my own. What a job we have. And I won't get mushy or negative since, you know, it goes both ways.
Mom, I love you! You are a fabulous (faboolos!) mother and friend. I am so grateful for the canyons of perception you exposed us to, the humor and creativity, the expression and wisdom, etc. I wish I could be home with you now to honor you properly. Since I can't, I will focus public attention on the Tayve-Tayve.
LOVE YOU!
And to my friends who listen, inspire and advise.... don't leave me. You are priceless. Mmmwah.

4 comments:

Jewels said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO YOU! You are the greatest - my inspiration and guide. Thanks for everything you do for me. I love you...even when you mock my tenderness when seeing things like Maeser.

Jessica said...

Thanks for the loving message yesterday. I love you and Happy Mother's Day to you...

Emily said...

That was nice.

Tayva said...

hello, dearest heart, who I love so much! In my mind you are the same size as Elliet and Sadie in the picture, and I am pulling you up on my lap and kissing you (but you are facing out, like Sadie, because you want to see everything going on!) and I can still feel you warm and young and lovely. Sigh. A beautiful child is now a beautiful woman; but still my girl. Always. I love you, Mom