Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Scotty

Today is Scott's Birthday! He turned 36 today. Scott is not one for attention or fuss so I thought it quite appropriate to blog about it to the world. He is the worlds hardest person to shop for and his family can attest to this since it's common practice to openly include receipts with his presents. But guess what! This year I got him something he actually kept! So that made me feel good. Life goes on so we couldn't do much special celebrating today. He still went to work (but with a stomach ache/flu thing going around) and had youth activities tonight so this weekend we'll get some celebrating time in with his family. We all love him and I think he had a good day over all with fuss from his work and home families. Scott is so funny and fearless. I love his sense of humor and ambition. He is a great Dad complete with very accurate zoo animal sounds and songs on the fly. He also gets embarrassed and bristles when I compliment him so I will save him the humiliation of public praise. But I hope you had a Happy Birthday, S! I'm so glad you are mine.

Scott is a lover of lemon cake so I tried this recipe. Even though Scott wasn't feeling up to tasting it tonight, I couldn't resist seeing how it turned out. It was delishee, yo(s)! I highly recommend giving it a try if you likey da lemon. I confess I added a little twist and put some coconut in the batter and on the top with the frosting (Ina's influence. I'm cursed forever) and it was SO good. Since he turned 36 we topped the cake with 3 + 6 candles. Which basically came down to each of the kids getting three candles to put on top of the cake. Which should have been a happy task but little arguments still ensued. Ahhhh... big sigh. Good family times. Too bad I don't have any happy pics of him blowing out the candles since he went right to the couch when he got home.....

And lastly I wanted to include this. A couple of days ago I found him in the bathroom like a sneaky little kid shaving his head. He thought it would be funny to sport a faux hawk for the weekend so I grabbed a picture of it's short life span. He had this peak going down all the back of his head, too. I am the bad one because I wanted him to keep it until he went to work this week, but he shaved it before church on Sunday so he could set a good example for the young men. Whatevs!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

How I adore that handsome devil - so dashing, so charming. Happy Birthday Scott!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday Scott! I hope you guys have a great celebration this weekend! The cake looks yummy too. Hope he gets to enjoy some soon.