Thursday, May 22, 2008

Misc. Weeklings

This has been a crazy week. I feel so stressed with the mental deadlines crowding my head. Is that from the end of school approaching? With extra assignments and little responsibilities to manage for school? I have Enrichment posters/flyers to get done, marketing deadlines to meet (love you, A!), Girl Next Door need-to-do's stacked up, all this needs to happen asap on top of the regular Mom stuff you all are familiar with (well, most of you).
This Tuesday night was Elliet's final soccer game for the season. You can tell she was totally into it by observing this photo. What's that? You can't find her? Oh, that is because she is on the far left looking away from the game... probably into the sky for Unicorns (oh, sorry Scott, Pegasus'). She was cute though and I brought the video camera to memorialize her field dance to and from the goal posts. Sadie and Luke were just as interested in the game... they chased butterflies and talked to strangers in the field behind us. Good family times.
And here is Sadie showing off her shoes, one of each color. She was giggling when she showed me this earlier that morning and muttered "Mo-o-m, I am SO funny"
Later that night I cruised over to an enrichment get together with some girls from our ward to watch some girly movie and eat a lot of sugar. It's a new 'group' that has started in our ward and I love the excuse to hang out with them. It's hard to fit time in to hang out and the conversation is always so fun. They are great friends and I'm looking forward to hosting next month. Any movie suggestions? If it involves romance and good looking leading men, those are good candidates. :-)
I also rode over there in the warm moonlight on.... my new fixed bike!!!! Richard started it all with his fascination and ownership of a mint green Schwinn. A good friend of ours here in Vegas has recently bought one as well..... which led to Scott getting one and now finally me. There is only one cog for the chain so the pedals move with the bike. If you move, the pedals move. It's tricky getting used to after my road bike where I can coast with my feet still. But it's so fun and I am loving it. The bikes are like little pieces of art to have fun with and customize. This shot is from a couple of days ago and I have since modified it a little more. Stay tuned! I know you're so excited!
I've tried to focus some of my time this week on more embroidery education. Frustration. 1) I don't have a lot of time and 2) it's confusing. Holy cow. This is a medium that I have new respect for. It's like learning design software all over again. Well, I mean, it is, but I didn't think it would be such a process. So here is ONE item I made after all my studies. ONE. I need to get biz-ay.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Try losing your key in the car while the car is still running...Nice!
So about a movie suggestion...have you seen (and you may have) August Rush?

Andrea said...

DG, I have NOT seen that and heard good things about it. Thank you for the suggestion!
And... um, I am ashamed to admit that my car was not running but I did lock my children inside... in my own garage.... so Onstar could not open it for me and the Firemen had to come to my aid. Nicer. :)

anna said...

can i just say i am feeling so guilty right now...knowing i was part of it! soooo sorry, friend. you should have told me to get a clue! ugh. anyway, i'm also sad about the key story above...that is sooo frusterating! it happened to me and brandon one time...so weird how the earth can eat a key? ha. hope your weekend was great! talk to ya later.

Bryan Crew said...

Ever read Harry Potter? You are a clueless muggle. The keys are magic and they slowly shrink until they disappear.
Also, you are so lazy. Between running, biking, movies, crafting, and embroidery you'd think that you would stop sitting around and get something accomplished. You seriously make me feel like I need to get a move on it and learn something. You go girl!