Thursday, May 15, 2008

She's crafty

Our upcoming Girl Next Door show is two weeks away. I started this with a friend a few years ago to justify creative idea overflow and it has been so fun. Fun in that we now have a show twice a year where a group of some of my amazingly talented friends can share their brilliance and have justification for exploring inspiration. I love being able to try something new and share it with others. Plus, it's mostly a party where the house if full of frantic shopping women with yummy food and conversation.
But it's also two weeks away and I am way behind on some of my product ideas. And yet, here I sit.... blogging about it. I am still trying to face my embroidery machine tutorials so I can learn how to do what is blossoming in my brain. If I can figure it out, though.... it will be diggity dog dope. Here is a sneak peak of one idea I had. I've been playing with some paper cuts and framing them as well.... painting and sewing, more jewelry, etc.
I also saved this felt gun idea from six months ago and just found it and am making one. That is something I probably won't have an audience for. :-) But that's okay. It is cool though, yes? I can't wait to finish it. It's an art piece on it's own. Kiss kiss, bang bang!

2 comments:

anna said...

can't you get your crafty sisters to join up on etsy, too? so, those of us non-vegas girls can get some of the goods? please oh pleeeeeease?

Jewels said...

Whatevs, I want one of those felt guns for Cache. He's such a softy, anyway...I don't dare buy him a plastic one.