Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Our internet is still down. I couldn't take it anymore and I am currently at the book store on my laptop to get my fix. My cell phone has allowed me to slip by, but imagine the joy I felt viewing things on a screen bigger than two inches. And my fingers are like happy puppies out for exercise. Run, rascals, run!
I have accomplished the drudgery I came for (online bills, email responsibility, etc.) and now reward myself with a blog post.
It's weird going so many days without mentioning little things. Overall nothing sticks out as I do a backward mental inventory, but I do need to gloat about the blossoming trees (Dad, skip down-the following will cause you severe jealousy).
For those of you who think we are crazy to live in this desert, talk to the hand sucka. I love this place and it's beauty is never dull. Check out the first blooming trees I saw the other day. It's like a hug from Mother Nature of good things to come. Happy February! Spring is pretty much here!

The kids are well and we're preparing for Spring Break in a couple of weeks. We are going to Newport with Scott's family. I think I am more excited to take the kids to Disneyland than they are to go. Is it the joy of them having so much fun that causes that?? Or is it the Churro's? Hm. I'll have to think on this one.
One cool kid thing this week I want to remember....
Lately I have been listening to some music that is light and fun and it's been played in the car often, enough that the kids are requesting songs by singing them to me. Lucas has the magic ears. That kid can hear something once and be singing it later. He's always been a singer but I am constantly surprised by what he picks up. Anyway, this week in the car during one of his requests he started dancing and couldn't hold still. Like he couldn't contain the physical urgency to express the happiness. It was so funny and so cute. He was going all 'Elaine' with kicks and jerks but all laughing.... It reminded me of a story my Mom told me where I reacted the same way to something when I was three. Three!! So you see? I am a wacko music geek and have passed it on to my boy. I already foresee late night chats with him about music as I did with my Mom and it makes me smile.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

You are back! Well, for a moment anyway. And I, being the ever-eager, am first to comment. You are hilarious - even after days of non-post your wit is as sharp as ever! I am uber jealous of the blossom trees, I just might have to come see those for myself - you know, to make sure you're not lying. Yep. A trip to Vegas is definitely in order.

Jessica said...

I missed you! I love to know what is going on in your life- it makes me feel part of it as I imagine all you talk about. I know you've talked with Marty recently, but we need to have a little chit-chat on the phone. Love you and let's talk soon!