Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I have a secret admirer. Do you want to know who it is? They are responsible for this beautiful flower arrangement.
I know, you are just dying with suspense.
My admirer wrote a poem that came with them proclaiming his crazy love. I won't disclose all the contents (The first few are body parts.... so original) which said the red reminded him of my passion for baked goods and the pink reminded him of my rosy, strained face after a good workout and the peach was like a beautiful sunset. I was so touched! So who is this rogue of romance? This Knight of honor defending our love? Well, let me tell you... it's.... ME! Yes, I bought some fresh flowers for myself yesterday. And as weird as I may be, I didn't write myself a poem. C'mon now, I'm not crazy! ....and Happy Valentines Day to me!
Fresh flowers are so pretty to have around. This is one area of talent I wish I was better at (arranging flowers) so I usually only give them to myself. Ignorance is bliss.
So in honor of Saint Valentine, I am going to wear a cloth diaper all day and shoot arrows at people. OR.... think about all the people in my life that I love so much and try to tell them. So watch your phone! And if you don't get a phone call, then yes- I don't love you (sheesh).
Anyway, off I go to try and make heart shaped pancakes and serve with patience and love in hopes that it will change the hearts of bickering children. Ahhhh, amoré.

2 comments:

Jewels said...

I swear, every time I read your posts I realize how un-funny I am. Thanks for that, Happy Valentines Day.

HA! You know I love you oodles. Happy V Day and snaps to you for creating that fabulous bouquet - you are so great at it. Lovies!

melissa said...

I'm so glad you love flowers too! I'll have to teach you some of the ropes when I get back to sunny Las Vegas. So fun!!