Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Canned Love

Well I don't really have much to report as of late.
I have mostly been busy catching up from being sick last week. There is nothing like doing catch up work to seriously consider picking up a virus again. I mean, what have I been missing? Cleaning sheets? Making dinner? Picking up shoes? As Nacho said: "I lub eet- eets da best!"
But some things aren't so bad. Playing with the kids again has been fun. The weather has been great so we have been outside quite a bit. Nothing like warm weather to get you in the mood for...
PROJECTS!
So two things I have FINALLY tackled. Last Ocbtober (yes, you read that right... OCTOBER) I purchased some magnet boards on the cheap with the intent to hang them in my kitchen area. Well, I hung one. I never hung the other. I also meant to paint them the same color as the wall. Never did that, either. Now that it's February I figured, Hey- why not! It's been 5 months...perhaps some action is in store! oui-oui. So yesterday I primed those boards, painted them said wall color and hung them up. It took me all less than an hour. Wow. I am lame. And they look great. Check!
Project #2: Illustrated here. I am actually not quite done with this one, but it's not one-post worthy so you get the intro here. Again, picked up this fab picture frame from Ikea with some thoughts in mind. I think I need another one to keep black and hang in October for Halloween. No, it is not above me to think that way. But I decided to paint this one white and hang it in Sadie's room. Hooray for spray paint! I love! Though I must say if you plan to attempt this yourself, it was a little more detail oriented than I anticipated. Lots of little swirls and loopdie-loops to cover (Beware of carpel tunnel of the index finger). Now I need to get some kind of 'mirror' paint for the glass. I figure the imperfect reflection will add some cool charm, no?

I also helped the kids with their Valentines today. Sometimes I wish that was still a normal adult thing. Don't all girls love it? Do you remember hoping for an extra scribbled note or something hidden in those over-doiley'd shoe boxes? My elementary crush was on a boy named Mike. Did I ever get a special valentine from him? Heck no. But I really wanted a boy to utilize the seasonal convenience to reveal his secret crush for me. Oh the heartbreak. Did this youthful fantasy ever happen to you? Come, do tell... and break my heart.

Things I am loving:
1) Girl Scout Cookie time! Oh yes, I already ordered some boxes and am not disclosing the quantity. I can't wait for them to come. Go Green!
2) The new REI catalogs. Some mail is fun to get. I haven't camped in years and I still pour over these pages like I'll be going soon. I dare to dream.
3) IKEA. Love it and love that it's in Utah.
4) Music and sunshine. I think there is a formula for listening to something great with a high sun and windows down... maybe a comfy 75 degree temp? Perhaps I am too old to blast my radio. Is that too 17? If so, don't answer.
5) Baking. Trouble, people. My appetite is returning with a vengeance. I've made chocolate cupcakes, apple crisp, brownies, etc. I have more mixes waiting. I can't control myself!

2 comments:

Jewels said...

Ahh, I love you - your posts always make me laugh. Good work on the projects! I could have sworn that the black frame was a mirror...turns out I don't pay attention. And of COURSE every girl loves notes on V-day! I never got anything special from my crushes, either. I would do things for mine, but the action was never returned. And if listening to your music super loud with the windows down is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Mark said...

Love the frame. We get comments about that at work all of the time. You made it even better. Are the wipes going to be your 'work of art'?