Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The modem is still not here. Short version: It breaks, I call Embarq, they say I will receive one in a few days.
Fast forward a few days. I call Embarq to check on it. And do you know what they say? They tell me they can't find a record of one on it's way and they are 'so sorry' and are NOW sending me one. We wait. It should be here by now. Today I call again and what do they tell me? That they 'can't find a record of one on it's way and they are 'so sorry' and are NOW sending me one. AGAIN. I nearly blew up on the phone but that is what Scott is for so I just pleaded for them to call me back with a UPS tracking number this time. I will also call them tomorrow to MAKE SURE. Is it pathetic how much I rely on this funnel of life? I don't care. I need it fixed now. SO! I am back at the bookstore today and will probably come back tonight to maximize my 24 hour internet pass. If I do, watch for major bloggage- I have so many posts backed up in my brain and they are about to come forth in abundance.
Other than that drama, things around here have been semi-normal. I've got enrichment coming up so that takes some attention, but the weather (as I mentioned last time) is warming and so helping my mood.
Our weekend was fun. Saturday morning we warmed the hot tub and let the kids swim. They picked up right where they left off from last summer in their mad swimming skillz (granted they were in a 9x9 area, but still...) and didn't have to hear my normal yelling of no splashing or spitting like they do in the bathtub. Ahhh family- peace and harmony.
Then we joined some friends on a hike up at Red Rock. The snow is melting up there and the waterfalls actually have water falling, so we packed a lunch and went. It was pretty aside from all the other people who had the same idea. :)
Scott was off yesterday so we went up there again for a little hike and explored a canyon... or rivine... or something. It was beautiful but a tad treacherous... But wow- I will never tire of this natural orange color against a blue sky. So vibrant and bright. And there is little Scotty contemplating his ascent (which he did and almost broke his ankle). I included two shots of this: one to show Captain Scotty and the other to show the colors I muse on and on about.












When we picked up the kids, they were evidently learning about the letter "P", as all these Pirates came rushing out the door. I thought Luke looked so cute!!! And how about that parrot on the shoulder? Shut up- it's so adorable. Luke, the scurvy mate.
Now I must part ways with online life again. Farewell, my love, until next time.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I had no idea you were still not up and running. That picture of Luke sitting on the rock is the absolute cutest. And the pirate with the parrot stapled to his shoulder!!! I know, I can't get over it - I have my own matching picture.

Stephanie said...

What is it with customer service these days? I feel your pain on that one. Those pictures are so cute. What a fun hike! That's an awesome little pirate costume. Hope your modem makes it there soon!

Jewels said...

How lame are people? You are so good at keeping calm, I would have exploded. This is why I don't work well with people. Sounds like you had a marvy weekend. And Luke in his Pirate Garb?? I just want to give him a tight squeeze! Yarr!

Embarq_lamontl said...

Hello Andrea,

This is a message from Lamont with Embarq Customer Support. We see that we have dropped the ball a couple times with getting a modem to you. I know this has been frustrating for you and I would like to apologize for our part in that. Please let me know if you still have not received the modem. I can try to get one to you through another method. We would like the opportunity to assist you in resolving this issue. We are working hard to reach out to our customers that are not completely satisfied with our service and striving to improve our service with your help. Please provide your phone number in a private message or email if you still need assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help you.
Lamont L.