Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Weeeee

You know that feeling when you first start to slip down a tall slide? I mean, I know it's not like you have done this recently... but it's exhilarating enough to not forget. Better yet, coming down on a roller coaster. It's fun in your future! A an immediate rush!
(or sushi up your throat)
Spring is doing that to me this year. I think the weather change is the cause for this new motivation and inspiration. I love it!
One fun thing we recently did is start Elliet in Soccer. I must confess that by the time I signed her up, we missed the deadline so our coach friend fit her on his all boy team. Is that weird? I hope she won't stand out too much in her bright pink shorts...She had a great time though and knew some of the boys from her class. I think Scott was a little more excited than she was...

We are heading to Newport this weekend. My list keeps growing of things I want to do with the "down time" that is a probably a pipe dream. Is it too ambitious to decide in two days what embroidery machine I want to get and buy it so I can learn how to use it down there? And do some Pysanky Easter eggs while the kids do their Paas? And read a book? And watercolor? And ride my bike? AND try some new recipes because my cookbook came!? Hello coconut cupcakes! Oooh goodness, here comes the spicy tuna.... slow down, sister.

But I am still going down the slide....
We return home, I face Enrichment night and THEN.... I am heading to Utah for a noble and virtuous purpose. Elliet will miss two school days for this purpose.... to see my family, who I love dearly, but alas- it is a deeper conviction of devotion in my reason for travel. Vampire Weekend play Monday, the 31st. Happy FHE! Rich and I are going to hop like happy Easter bunnies. Oh, such great music coming forth this Spring from some awesome bands. I can tell this year is going to be a good one.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What days are you coming to Utah? Not that I have a lot going on otherwise, but I want to be sure to see you daily! Love your post because I think spring will bring good things for me too!

Jewels said...

I had no idea you started Elliet in soccer!! I think she's excel on the all boys team - she won't notice a difference. I know what you mean about feeling all kinds of energy when the sun is out and the temp is rising - I feel so motivated to complete things and start new things, all that good stuff. Although, your future plans sound way more exciting than mine...

oh snap said...

Our tickets are printed out and pinned up on the wall in my cubicle. and they're ready.. to ROCK.